XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with returning phone back to stock firmware

Tip us?

cynicwithin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help with returning phone back to stock firmware

This is kind of last ditch effort to return my phone back to it's stock firmware (i545 verizon). I successfully rooted my phone after first receiving it and had no problems. The OTA update to 4.2.2 came out and I accidentally pushed install as the prompt just showed up a split second before I was about to press a button. Now it won't update to 4.3 OTA and it constantly driving me crazy with messages to update.

I tried to use odin to flash the stock firmware and it keeps telling me that the PIT partition failed. I found the appropriate pit file and it still failed. I'm looking to see if you guys have any ideas before I just throw the phone in the garbage and buy a new one. Thanks.

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1242

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicwithin View Post
This is kind of last ditch effort to return my phone back to it's stock firmware (i545 verizon). I successfully rooted my phone after first receiving it and had no problems. The OTA update to 4.2.2 came out and I accidentally pushed install as the prompt just showed up a split second before I was about to press a button. Now it won't update to 4.3 OTA and it constantly driving me crazy with messages to update.

I tried to use odin to flash the stock firmware and it keeps telling me that the PIT partition failed. I found the appropriate pit file and it still failed. I'm looking to see if you guys have any ideas before I just throw the phone in the garbage and buy a new one. Thanks.
Have you tried the Verizon recovery tool? Plug your phone into your PC and open the virtual CD drive that appears.
If all else fails, you could install the MJ7/4.3 factory image from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2357235
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1