XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hidden Folder

Tip us?

Alex2x3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Hidden Folder

I have a certain folder with "only for my eyes" content that I have always had hidden by using a . Before the folder. (.folder) I come from an S3 so I had a microsd card which I sorry miss but I had transferred everything without issue but once I added a new photo too the folder it now shows up in my gallery. Resetting the cache on gallery and reboot has not helped.

Any help you guys can offer?

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

redpirate8
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex2x3 View Post
I have a certain folder with "only for my eyes" content that I have always had hidden by using a . Before the folder. (.folder) I come from an S3 so I had a microsd card which I sorry miss but I had transferred everything without issue but once I added a new photo too the folder it now shows up in my gallery. Resetting the cache on gallery and reboot has not helped.

Any help you guys can offer?

Try creating a blank file .nomedia inside the folder. Then the Gallery wont read it.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpirate8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alex2x3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpirate8 View Post
Try creating a blank file .nomedia inside the folder. Then the Gallery wont read it.
Thanks but that didn't do it unfortunately. A reset of the gallery and a reboot got rid of the new photo. But once I put a new one in there it again appeared in gallery.

jayochs
Old
Thanks Meter 2669
using the stock gallery? why not long press and hit hidden folders.. you can then hide it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk 4
LG G2
HTC Droid DNA
Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Previous Devices:

Samsung Galaxy S5 (returned)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb Blue

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb White (Sold)
HTC Incredible (AMOLED)
HTC Eris

HTC Rezound
HTC Evo View 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to jayochs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redpirate8
Old
Thanks Meter 8
^^^ What he said. But still, strange that the .nomedia trick didn't work. Worked on mine. But I haven't added any new pics to the folder, though
The Following User Says Thank You to redpirate8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]