XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

please, help, storage error after rooting

Tip us?

leon_bolot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default please, help, storage error after rooting

hi i just bought a samsung mega 6.3 in indonesia, it's a 16 version but i didn't check it before i root it, however i seem to remember when i plug it onto my computer it was 11 or 12 gb storage

so after rooting using guide in this thread " http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2355680&page=3 ", when i plug it on my computer it shows only 128 mb storage, why is it happening? and if i checked setting - more - storage it says "8 gb (why 8 gb instead of 16 gb or 12 gb?).
if i open application manager from setting - application manager it says 352 mb used out of 12 gb free.

I used odin 3.07 to flash vcoreroot-v2.tar, followed by original kernel KERNEL-XSE-I9200XXUAMEE-1369705836.tar, followed by cwm recovery v6.0.3.2 - i9200-cwm-recovery

please help me. thank you so much

leon_bolot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
oh and the storage on the pc is empty without any folder, and i can't copy files onto it...
please helpppppp

Silesh.Nair
Old
(Last edited by Silesh.Nair; 3rd December 2013 at 03:22 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2147

DONATE TO ME
The internal storage ( sdcard ) is only a folder on your data partition ( /data/media ). The entire 16GB is not allotted to your sdcard. It is shared. So you will not see the entire 16GB when you mount your sdcard on your PC. So no worried there. Also make sure your usb debugging is on before connecting your phone to PC.

Regarding root, the easiest method is to flash cwm recovery and then flash the SU zip file. If you use twrp recovery, the recovery will do the rooting for you. Just remember to reboot to recovery first after flashing the twrp recovery, else recovery will get overwritten by stock recovery.

I suggest, you flash your stock rom again and re-root. You could also try this app to root your phone using windows.

Sources : here
Downloads : MEGA 6.3 [ Mediafire : here | Mega : here ] || S4 MINI [ MEGA : here ]
Threads : CM11 / PA / AOKP / SLIMKAT / BEANSTALK-MOKEE-GUMMY-CARBON
GApps : BaNkS / CM11 / Slimkat
Videos : CM11 | SLIMKAT
The Following User Says Thank You to Silesh.Nair For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leon_bolot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The internal storage ( sdcard ) is only a folder on your data partition ( /data/media ). The entire 16GB is not allotted to your sdcard. It is shared. So you will not see the entire 16GB when you mount your sdcard on your PC. So no worried there. Also make sure your usb debugging is on before connecting your phone to PC. ===> debugging is already on. yes however it shows up only 128 mb, and i couldn't copy any data onto it

Quote:
Regarding root, the easiest method is to flash cwm recovery and then flash the SU zip file. If you use twrp recovery, the recovery will do the rooting for you. Just remember to reboot to recovery first after flashing the twrp recovery, else recovery will get overwritten by stock recovery.
i also couldn't get into the recovery mode, it was 2 red lines and it just restart, i've re root it twice using the same method...

leon_bolot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Clock 0664348999

finally after 5 hours of works and skipping actual job. im able to get my pc to read the whole 12 gb of the storage,

by using steps and original firmware from hxxp://honai-android.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-to-update-galaxy-mega-63-i9200-with.html

for anyone who might stumble upon the same problem

thank you for helping @Silesh.Nair