XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help, possible brick after following guide to flash firmware

Tip us?

vettejock99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Please help, possible brick after following guide to flash firmware

I was following Vomer's guide on my One, which has been working great. I had HBOOT 1.54, S-Off, SuperCID, and pushed the firmware twice, got the success message, and waited and when it says finished used adb to tell it to reboot. Now I get the splash, with the lock gone, as expected, and then the screen goes black. If I hold power, or power and down, the hardware keys start blinking and then nothing. A few seconds later I get the splash again, then blank again.

It appears to be communicating briefly over USB because my laptop starts trying to install a HTC MTP device (drive is already on the PC and has been fine) before it looses comms and drops out. I can't seem to get adb device to recognize it....

PLEASE tell me someone can help me recover my phone!!! I will be immensely grateful.

Ivanovic
Old
Thanks Meter 76
And what the HBOOT version you wanted to downgrade to?
HTC One X - Asus Transformer TF101 - HTC One soon

vettejock99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic View Post
And what the HBOOT version you wanted to downgrade to?
I wasn't trying to downgrade HBOOT, just rather ensure my firmware was up to date. I'd had mine set up as a GPE and was flashing the DE (after supercid).

By way of an update, I've been able to get into bootloader and I'm a bit scared on what to do next so I dont screw this up. I notice that I still have S-OFF, but HBOOT is now showing 1.56 and it says RELOCKED at the top. My plan was to use rumrunner (just because of the HBOOT, but it is erroring anyway) to unlock bootloader, and then to look up the fastboot commands to push a ROM and recovery. Any advice?

Ivanovic
Old
(Last edited by Ivanovic; 2nd December 2013 at 11:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 76
Downgrade to 1.44 and change cid according to the Rom you want. Then unlock or set your bootloader to LOCKED

Here is the file for 1.44 http://www69.zippyshare.com/v/95229262/file.html

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

vettejock99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Can you help me with the adb commands to flash that boot zip? Also, should I run " fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" to unlock my bootloader first?

Ivanovic
Old
(Last edited by Ivanovic; 3rd December 2013 at 01:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettejock99 View Post
Can you help me with the adb commands to flash that boot zip? Also, should I run " fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" to unlock my bootloader first?
You can unlock if you want to flash custom recovery.

Place the file i gave you to the fastboot folder. Boot into bootloader and choose FASTBOOT.
Run the following : fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip filename.zip *where filaname the actual filename of the file i gave you
You will get FAILED or sth so do this command again to succesfully flash the firmware.

vettejock99
Old
(Last edited by vettejock99; 3rd December 2013 at 04:12 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic View Post
You can unlock if you want to flash custom recovery.

Place the file i gave you to the fastboot folder. Boot into bootloader and choose FASTBOOT.
Run the following : fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip filename.zip *where filaname the actual filename of the file i gave you
You will get FAILED or sth so do this command again to succesfully flash the firmware.
Awesome. So I've got HBOOT 1.44, S-OFF, bootloader unlocked, supercid, and TWRP 2.6.3.3 flashed again, and I tried sideloading ARHD rom. It all looked good but same thing for the moment, I get the splash and then black......I can't figure out why I can't boot into a rom right now. About to try flashing ROM again.

Okay, so didnt' work. After sideload flashing gets to 100% it just does nothing. Manually rebooting gets me back into the splash then blackness bootloop......

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Can you issue fastboot clear cache in bootloader and see the outcome?

Also as you are Soff, you can run dev ruu

vettejock99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post

The former didn't get me anywhere, but I did follow your thinking and decided to use the RUU and start over. I'm happy to report that got me going, and then I was able to get AR HD on. I probably had to do that all along once I wiped the ROM and recovery, as sideloading clearly wasn't going to work (in retrospect) as it has an AROMA installer.

Thanks so much everyone!!

henv
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post

Nice that everything is solved now.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One
Current:
HTC HOX