Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question Which is your favorite ROM?

Which is your favorite ROM and why?

AidenM
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Should make a poll with the most popular ROMs listed as an option, but I'll start.

Stock + Root - I really don't like installing custom ROMs on devices that don't need them. My tablet has full functionality at good speed with stock.

Also, ART
mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest ; repo sync ; make

Mirrors for Nexus 7 Files

yugendreams
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenM View Post
Should make a poll with the most popular ROMs listed as an option, but I'll start.

Stock + Root - I really don't like installing custom ROMs on devices that don't need them. My tablet has full functionality at good speed with stock.

Also, ART
I'm vaguely familiar with ART. How does it compare to Dalvik?

AidenM
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugendreams View Post
I'm vaguely familiar with ART. How does it compare to Dalvik?
Well, in terms of raw speed, it definitely seems snappier that dalvik. However, it takes longer to install APKs and every time you clear your cache be willing to wait for a while for it to re-"compile" your apps.

But using it depends on your apps - most of mine work with ART, so I use it. I know some apps like Whatsapp don't work with ART yet, so if you know your apps don't work don't bother to try it - you'll just get a bunch of force closes.
mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest ; repo sync ; make

Mirrors for Nexus 7 Files

yugendreams
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenM View Post
Well, in terms of raw speed, it definitely seems snappier that dalvik. However, it takes longer to install APKs and every time you clear your cache be willing to wait for a while for it to re-"compile" your apps.

But using it depends on your apps - most of mine work with ART, so I use it. I know some apps like Whatsapp don't work with ART yet, so if you know your apps don't work don't bother to try it - you'll just get a bunch of force closes.
I haven't had a tablet since my TF700T which I returned after a few days because it L-A-G-G-E-D like nothing I have ever seen before.

I don't even know what apps to get besides the ones I have on my phone, so I'm sure ART won't be an issue.

I always install a ROM on my stuff because I like the extra customization I get, especially when it comes to the lock screen. Also, since I'm not a developer and don't understand that much about development, I trust that some of the ROMs allow snappier use and bug fixes from original Android. For instance, I have been reading everywhere that 4.4 is having some serious issues. I would hope these are fixed with a dedicated developer working on a custom ROM.

chrisd1a1
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 565
Hi, I'm afraid we don't allow threads that encourage comparisons between ROMs. It tends to cause flaming and disagreements, also its unfair to the devs that put the work in.

ROMs tend to react differently depending on the individual set up so its bet to try a few and see what's best for you.

Thread closed

Regards

Chris
Regards

Chris

Xperia Z1
LG Gpad 8.3
Mono 8 ips
HANNSPADD tetra 2 tablet:chrisd1a1 Gingerpad
HTC HD2 - chrisd1a1 sense HYBRID
chrisd1a1 DROIDHYBRID
XDA IGNITO - chrisd1a1 sense rom
Access to - HTC SENSATION XE - LG GT540 - HTC Rhyme - HTC One S - HTC Wildfire S - Galaxy Ace - Galaxy S - Window N50 GT - Eken A90 tablet

New to XDA? Read This and PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES!!
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisd1a1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe