XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recovery has Red Triangle

Tip us?

hocplyr98
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Recovery has Red Triangle

After I converted my HTC One to the GPE, I went to go update to 4.4. After the supposed update, it still says I'm using 4.3, so I went to go into Recovery, but I get this red triangle with the exclamation point. What can I do to get myself KitKat? Also, I thought converting to the GPE was supposed to just give me the automatic updates... Thanks in advance.
You're holding it wrong.

a box of kittens
Old
Thanks Meter 454
What you're seeing is the stock recovery
Lizards for lunch
Liverpool fc is the best! Chelsea suck!

swag1981
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hocplyr98 View Post
After I converted my HTC One to the GPE, I went to go update to 4.4. After the supposed update, it still says I'm using 4.3, so I went to go into Recovery, but I get this red triangle with the exclamation point. What can I do to get myself KitKat? Also, I thought converting to the GPE was supposed to just give me the automatic updates... Thanks in advance.
Same thing happened to me. After you install the RUU you must flash the stock recovery (found in the zip of the RUU) for the update to work. Get into the bootloader, turn on fastboot and install the stock recovery. You may have to reflash the RUU but i would just try the recovery first.

leventbb
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I have a similar problem.
I converted my HTC to GPe via 4.3 about a month ago and had flashed stock recovery back to be able to get the OTAs (but kept root).
A couple of days ago, I noticed that I do not have root anymore but didnt care then.. and now today I received 4.4, but since I use Xposed, my app_process is modified and OTA will likely fail and even could wipe my data partition as it did last time - stupid HTC.
So I have no root, whenever I drop to recovery I receive red triangle with dead android and received 4.4 now...
what should I do? preferably without a computer as I'm at work
Mini ImageStudio: Photo FX app for Android - yay! like there are not enough already...

Arsenal:
Phone:Motorola MPX200 - HP hw6515 - Nokia N95 - HTC Hero - Samsung Galaxy S II - HTC One
Tablet: iPad 1 - Google Nexus 7
Tags
htc, recovery, red, triangle