5,599,337 Members 38,098 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does anyone else have this manufacturing problem? And what should I do?

Tip us?

SskynightsS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Does anyone else have this manufacturing problem? And what should I do?

On October 23rd I purchased my Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8) Canadian variant from Rogers Wireless and after a couple of weeks using the device I noticed two problems.

1) The proximity sensor was always at proximity value 1.0 (ADC value goes from 331 - 1004)
2) The glass screen popped up a little near the sensor area (glass is not glued properly to the chasis) resulting in a small gap (about 0.3mm). Its big enough for me to put a toothpick between the glass screen and the housing.

Now the proximity sensor works fine as I've tested it using the *#0*# and the values are able to go from 300ish to maxed out at 1004 when entirely covered. So this told me it wasn't a dead sensor. After careful examination I found the screen problem and when I used force to push the glass back into the chasis lo' and behold the prox. sensor is functioning as intended!

I sent the device in for warranty repair once stating specifically the screen and the sensor. They took my phone for 2.5 weeks returned it plagued with the same problem. From what I can see, all they did was flash a new firmware (MJ4). Now I can't even root to change the threshold value for the sensor without tripping knox

Any suggestion on how to proceed? Most importantly I want to solve the screen problem.

alom5
Old
Thanks Meter 169
If its a hardware problem. .. You should get it replaced. .. Take it back to them and show them what is wrong and tell them they done jack to fix it. Please give me new phone NOW! !

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk