5,599,539 Members 40,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One X rooting has phone dying in the pits of hell

Tip us?

Trick3ry
Old
(Last edited by Trick3ry; 3rd December 2013 at 08:28 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Sign [Q] HTC One X rooting has phone dying in the pits of hell

Hello users of this fine forum!

I'm having a bit of a problem whilst rooting my HTC One X.

I first read up about unlocking the phone, ADB and recovery mods (using the teamwin one since it seems to be recommended for my device, but can use clockwork too)

I then proceeded to:
unlock my phone using htcdev
do a fast wipe using the teamwin recovery mod
flash a new boot.img in the fastboot section
install the rom called Android Revolution HD 31.3
used a youtube guide called "HTC One X: Android Revolution HD (Sense 4.1 ICS 4.0.4) - How to Install - Cursed4Eva" which seemed to work pretty flawless
and... got stuck on the HTC quietly brilliant screen for the rest of eternity

I've got the HTC One X international (CID is HTC_E11) and thought this would be a breeze. Looks like something went wrong though, and after about 15 hours of trying to repair the problem on my own using multiple threads (had the same problem using viperrom 2.7.0 and the newest version (3.1.4 i think?) ) I thought I'd turn to the experts for help.

So... heroes of the internet, please help a brother on the quest for technological enlightenment out?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

P.S. if you need anything from me (such as logs or such, I'd be happy to provide)

EDIT: it now actually gives me the HTC One animation after the quietly brilliant startup thingy, but gets stuck on that step of the booting process. This happened after I re-fastbooted the boot.img for the 69th time.

EDIT 2: used CWM to install the rom aswell, this also doesn't work.

virgolib
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick3ry View Post
Hello users of this fine forum!

I'm having a bit of a problem whilst rooting my HTC One X.

I first read up about unlocking the phone, ADB and recovery mods (using the teamwin one since it seems to be recommended for my device, but can use clockwork too)

I then proceeded to:
unlock my phone using htcdev
do a fast wipe using the teamwin recovery mod
flash a new boot.img in the fastboot section
install the rom called Android Revolution HD 31.3
used a youtube guide called "HTC One X: Android Revolution HD (Sense 4.1 ICS 4.0.4) - How to Install - Cursed4Eva" which seemed to work pretty flawless
and... got stuck on the HTC quietly brilliant screen for the rest of eternity

I've got the HTC One X international (CID is HTC_E11) and thought this would be a breeze. Looks like something went wrong though, and after about 15 hours of trying to repair the problem on my own using multiple threads (had the same problem using viperrom 2.7.0 and the newest version (3.1.4 i think?) ) I thought I'd turn to the experts for help.

So... heroes of the internet, please help a brother on the quest for technological enlightenment out?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

P.S. if you need anything from me (such as logs or such, I'd be happy to provide)

EDIT: it now actually gives me the HTC One animation after the quietly brilliant startup thingy, but gets stuck on that step of the booting process. This happened after I re-fastbooted the boot.img for the 69th time.
ဲJust try with Philz_Touch recovery >>>> http://d-h.st/users/philz_touch/?fld_id=16046#files
Install again the rom with full wipe via Philz recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to virgolib For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Trick3ry
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
okay, thanks!
does it matter which version i use?
by the way, phone is S-ON. as far as i read, this couldn't be the problem?

Mr Hofs
Old
(Last edited by Mr Hofs; 3rd December 2013 at 08:52 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 7470

DONATE TO ME
Use the latest version (6) and indeed s-on is not a problem.

Also check your hnoot number and flash a sense 5 rom.

Or PM me with future trouble, we can continue in Dutch if you like
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Trick3ry
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
Use the latest version (6) and indeed s-on is not a problem.

Also check your hnoot number and flash a sense 5 rom.

Or PM me with future trouble, we can continue in Dutch if you like
Thanks for your help Mr Hofs will send you a PM aswell. Much appreciated.

The rom I'm flashing is sense 5.0, installed the rom with Phil'z Touch, CWM and TWRM, so I think it's safe to say that the recovery mod isn't causing my problem. What I do is install the rom from my internal sd card using a recovery mod, then reboot into fastboot and load the boot.img either via a batch file or via ADB commands in DOS prompt (or CMD. Do people still call it DOS? ). Yet my phone still hangs on the loading screen. I did a wipe before installing my rom using Phil'z touch aswell.

my hboot number.. the text I get when i enter bootloader:

***UNLOCKED***
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.12.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-2.1204.135.20
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW Secure boot: enabled
MODEM PATH: OFF
Jun 28 2012, 11:31:28

and then the standard options (fastboot, recovery and so on)

Mr Hofs
Old
(Last edited by Mr Hofs; 3rd December 2013 at 10:06 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 7470

DONATE TO ME
Ah yeah hnoot is too low. You can run the 2.17.401 ruu to get back to stock and then update the phone all the way up to sense 5.

Edit :

The ruu via android file ruu's is broken (only 80mb) that's too small for a ruu. You can also restore the stock rom (nandroid backup)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj8i6q186j...20HTC__E11.rar

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmky63x341...ery%202.17.img

Unpack the nandroid to the sdcard, flash the recovery.img and boot.img from the nand backup folder. Make a full wipe and restore the nandroid. Then flash back the stock 2.17 recovery i linked and update the phone via official ota. You do not have to relock the bootloader !
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Trick3ry
Old
(Last edited by Trick3ry; 4th December 2013 at 08:26 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
Ah yeah hnoot is too low. You can run the 2.17.401 ruu to get back to stock and then update the phone all the way up to sense 5.

Edit :

The ruu via android file ruu's is broken (only 80mb) that's too small for a ruu. You can also restore the stock rom (nandroid backup)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj8i6q186j...20HTC__E11.rar

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmky63x341...ery%202.17.img

Unpack the nandroid to the sdcard, flash the recovery.img and boot.img from the nand backup folder. Make a full wipe and restore the nandroid. Then flash back the stock 2.17 recovery i linked and update the phone via official ota. You do not have to relock the bootloader !
have a feeling this will fix it. will let you know asap. need to do some RL stuff first thanks a lot !!

EDIT: so.. right now the stock recovery is on there, I can't find the phone via ADB anymore, (error: device not found) and I can't get past the HTC - quietly brilliant loading screen. anyone have any great ideas?

The Following User Says Thank You to Trick3ry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]