5,605,250 Members 38,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Crown Capital Management Climate Concerns: Why Climate Change is too important?

Tip us?

kevinmartiane
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Crown Capital Management Climate Concerns: Why Climate Change is too important?

'Climate science' is rotten, a joke. But the real rot is in the media. All through these mails there are examples of scientists doing the right thing, standing up against groupthink, calling their friends to account, sometimes even among the inner circle. But the honourable ones have had to fight not only the zombie scientists but the journalists who unquestioningly arrayed themselves with them. Save for a few loose-cannon columnists the media by and large have been a bloody embarrassment, acting as unpaid flacks to zealots, hysterics and hucksters.
Where were you? Where are you now? This used to be the stuff that Pulitzers were made of. The thing is, there is much that is shocking and outrageous but so far little that is actually really new in these files. It's just all the things skeptics have been saying for years, but straight from the guilty parties' mouths.
There is no shame in having been deceived or mistaken. The shame would be in failing to admit that when it stares you in the face. If someone like George Monbiot has the integrity and courage to admit these revelations are appalling, there is no excuse for anyone else not doing so.
I used to groan at people who thought the net could, would or should take over from the mainstream media. But it looks as though it may have to do so. There are stories that can only be covered properly by a big organisation's resources, but I for one am not going to pay to be lied to and treated like an idiot. What are you for, if not to be on the people's side in cases of this kind?
But the net can only take us so far. We aren't going to fix this by sitting mesmerised in front of a screen compulsively clicking on links and reading about it. There need to be letters and faxes, angry and unequivocally demanding phone calls to politicians, above all demos. Where are our marches? Where's our ten tons of **** dumped on someone's lawn? Why are the other side always making all the noise?

LoopDoGG79
Old
Thanks Meter 1343
Yeah, well, political discussion is not allowed in XDA, so...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
MY SIG

Phone SGH-M919
Rom KOT49H【4.4.2】 Google Play Edition - 04-08-2014
Baseband version UVUAMK2
Recovery TWRP 2.7.0.1
Kernel Ktoon Stock

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other devices:
Nexus 7 Grouper (Broken )
Nexus 7 Flo (On CleanRom 2.6! )
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S2
Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S3

roofrider
Old
Thanks Meter 795

WTF!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551731

Archer
Old
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Thanks Meter 3743
Hmmmm..... In the words of Arnie, I'll be back.
"I live by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own."
My xda links

New User Guide | XDA Forum Rules | 10 Posts - Why and How? | Admins & Mods | My xda Bookmarks

roofrider
Old
Thanks Meter 795
Until then...

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

boborone
Old
Thanks Meter 2368
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofrider View Post
Until then...

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

dear god no
One Less Car

Get Out and Ride

Archer
Old
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Thanks Meter 3743
LOL, but no.

Since Kevin is no longer with us to give advice about the climate, Imma close this thread for him
"I live by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own."
My xda links

New User Guide | XDA Forum Rules | 10 Posts - Why and How? | Admins & Mods | My xda Bookmarks

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe