Kernel for 4.4 roms

Tip us?

keithwired
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Kernel for 4.4 roms

Tried searching first but couldn't really find anything

I know there aren't any kernels available for the 4.4 kitkat roms but I was curious if any of the 4.3 kernels would functions. Ideally I just want to be able to do some overclocking.

coachcrey
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwired View Post
Tried searching first but couldn't really find anything

I know there aren't any kernels available for the 4.4 kitkat roms but I was curious if any of the 4.3 kernels would functions. Ideally I just want to be able to do some overclocking.
I am using Palmer's kernel. It works well for me going on 3 days with omni. But don't complain if it breaks something as its not a supported kernel.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

keithwired
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcrey View Post
I am using Palmer's kernel. It works well for me going on 3 days with omni. But don't complain if it breaks something as its not a supported kernel.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
4.90 for CM10.2?

keithwired
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
4.90 for CM 10.2 broke wifi and possibly some other stuff on CM 11.0 unofficial. Had to nandroid back, perhaps palmers kernel only works on AOSP based roms for 4.4

crpalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 1496
Yes, WiFi will be broken on any newer builds. In 10.2 it assumes a kernel module and now it assumes that the WiFi driver is built into the kernel.

In addition to WiFi issues, I would expect some oddities in the display. These may get worse on the next round of builds.

For the time being, you'll need to be patient. Any time I spent on a custom kernel would mean less working on getting our device supported properly for CM 11.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]