XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S1 (i9000) flash fail, bootloop

Tip us?

CloudSSJ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Galaxy S1 (i9000) flash fail, bootloop

Ok i got hands on Galaxy S1 (i9000) and wanted pimp it a bit. Rooted it and decided to flash with new rom (MIUI MintBerry Eddition).
I've went to recovery mode, wiped data, calvik cache etc.. and then started installing. Durring instalation i got some error and had to restart phone.
After restart i ended up in not ending bootloop (got samsung logo then glitch kernel v13.1 icon and phone restarts, for brief moment i can see some installer running between those boot animations), it happens every 5-10sec so can't even plug and use odin or sdk...
To make it worse either recovery or download mode don't work... Did i brick this phone? Or there is some rescue for me?

BigAznJimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 39
This question has been asked so many times and the replies are always the same everytime. Reflash the Stockfirmware or what ever. Or if u can access the recovery menu u can do a factory reset. In most of the situation u just need to wipe cache and dalvik cache. Around 90% is fixable by just wiping the cache and dalvik.

CloudSSJ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I already read tons of threads about it but my biggest obstacle is that my phone don't have 3 key thing to do to recovery/download mode. Cant use adb too because phone is on for like 5 sec and then restarts so my laptop cant even detect him on time and cant put reboot recovery command

pryerlee
Old
Thanks Meter 106
you may need a USB JIG, you can either buy one or make your own http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1604707