[Guide] How to Unroot the HTC Desire V.......
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. This should work on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Boot & Recovery
(Download the appropriate file for your device)
2. Stock ROM
(Download the appropriate ROM for your device)
III. Unrooting the HTC Desire V:
1. Download and place all three files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from Boot & Recovery as well as Fastboot archives over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, simply hold down the Shift button and right-click on any blank area on your screen and select Open command window here
6. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
7. Once in bootloader mode, issue the following command:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
8. Once the boot.img has been flashed, reboot your device by typing in following command:
9. Once your boots-up, issue the following command:
adb reboot recovery
10. You should reboot into the recovery mode.
11. From the Recovery menu, select Wipe dalvik cache and wipe data/factory reset.
12. Head to Mount menu and select format internal_sdcard and format system
13. Reboot your device.
14. Copy the ROM
zip file over to the root of your device.
15. Reboot your device into the recovery mode by issuing the following command:
adb reboot recovery
16. Once in Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
17. Choose the ROM zip to be flashed on your device and itíll start flashing it.
18. Reboot your device once the ROM has been flashed.
19. Now issue the following command to reboot your device into bootloader:
20. Type in following command to flash the stock recovery:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
21. Once the recoveryís been flashed, relock your bootloader with the following command:
fastboot oem lock
22. And youíre all done!