5,593,876 Members 47,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot for the life of me grant S-OFF

Tip us?

YodaSkate
Old
(Last edited by YodaSkate; 3rd December 2013 at 10:39 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cannot for the life of me grant S-OFF

Hi guys

I just purchased an HTC ONE 32GB AT&T GSM Phone and using it internationally here in Taiwan where I live with no problems.

I've managed to unlock the bootloader/rooted and currently using CM10.1 with Android 4.2.2 (just wanted a stable build to start first)

I've been trying to S-OFF so I can play with the Google Play Edition Roms but nothing is working. Am I doing something wrong? I've search hi and low across forums but no definitive answer. I've used the HTC All in One Toolkit as well, Revone and Moonshine, through ADB shell, through a terminal emulator, even able to do it from the SU root shell...nothings works. Am I missing something?

Revone gives me error code -1 when I do it through terminal, and when I do it through the All in One Toolkit, I keep getting a "Gaining root access (thanks to Dans motochopper)Segmentation fault"

My specs
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT_1.44.0000
RADIO-4A.18.3263.15.10.38h.1157.04L
OPEN DSP-v31.120.274.0617
eMMC-boot
Jul 5 2013

PN07120

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong?

I've previously had a Motorola Backflip rooted/unlocked/s-off as well as an HTC Incredible S rooted/unlocked/s-off so I'm not a complete n00b!

thanks

wnp_79
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 624

DONATE TO ME
About to go down this road myself, so have been doing plenty of reading. I'm on HBOOT 1.44 too so can't use Rumrunner. Somewhere towards the back of the Moonshine thread several people have encountered this error code -1, but maanged to get ast it by starting with a 4.1.2 ROM. There are some other tips there too from people who have had your issues. Apparently it is a fickle beast and can require many attempts before it will work.

Start at the back of that thread and work back a few pages.

YodaSkate
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnp_79 View Post
About to go down this road myself, so have been doing plenty of reading. I'm on HBOOT 1.44 too so can't use Rumrunner. Somewhere towards the back of the Moonshine thread several people have encountered this error code -1, but maanged to get ast it by starting with a 4.1.2 ROM. There are some other tips there too from people who have had your issues. Apparently it is a fickle beast and can require many attempts before it will work.

Start at the back of that thread and work back a few pages.
Thanks wnp_79 I'll check it out.