one xl update 4.2.2 in Asia?

Search This thread

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
The update was for HOX in Asia, not HOXL. If you haven't gotten any update prompt, that means there is no update. What's the confusing part?

I agree with timmaaa...it makes no sense staying on the stock ROM. if you're not doing it because of warranty, the HOXL has been out since June 2012 which means they won't help you hardware-wise

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: musician_it

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
There have been updates released for the HOXL for HTC in Asia, they were among the first to be released, refer to the RUU & OTA thread. Even though the phone has been out since May 2012, if the user has recently bought the phone he's still under warranty.

Sent from my Evita

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
No updates at this time

Unfortunately, that doesn't really mean anything. Folks have had issues checking for updates, when an update is known to exist. And no RUUs exist yet for Android 4.2.2/Sense 5, so you cannot update manually by RUU (which would be the sure solution). Some folks have had success with doing a factory reset (somehow makes the update come through) but its not guaranteed by any means. Or you can try to download the flash the OTA manually with stock recovery (not personally knowledgeable about the process).

musician_it

Mar 1, 2013
Tehran ReY
Unfortunately, that doesn't really mean anything. Folks have had issues checking for updates, when an update is known to exist. And no RUUs exist yet for Android 4.2.2/Sense 5, so you cannot update manually by RUU (which would be the sure solution). Some folks have had success with doing a factory reset (somehow makes the update come through) but its not guaranteed by any means. Or you can try to download the flash the OTA manually with stock recovery (not personally knowledgeable about the process).

The problem is. Not compatible cid with the build number
Namely cid j15 and build number 1.01.401.1
So I think.We will not update
i live in iran
My device HTC one xl EVA_UTL
Please Help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well you could hit the "check for updates"

It's been out for months.

Sent from my Evita
    Unlock your bootloader, install custom recovery, install whatever ROM you want.

Sent from my Evita
    The update was for HOX in Asia, not HOXL. If you haven't gotten any update prompt, that means there is no update. What's the confusing part?

I agree with timmaaa...it makes no sense staying on the stock ROM. if you're not doing it because of warranty, the HOXL has been out since June 2012 which means they won't help you hardware-wise

There have been updates released for the HOXL for HTC in Asia, they were among the first to be released, refer to the RUU & OTA thread. Even though the phone has been out since May 2012, if the user has recently bought the phone he's still under warranty.

Sent from my Evita