[Q] Stuck in bootloop (unlocked/rooted/s-off)

Search This thread

0N31R0N4UT

Nov 29, 2013
Hello all, and thank you for taking your time to attempt to help me with my problem.
I could not find a solution even after hours of researching and trial and error, so please forgive me if this happens to be one of those problems that are seemingly impossible to solve, when the actual solution is really quite simple! I'm hoping it is at the very least...

A few days ago I received an HTC Evo 3d from a family member.
I'm certain that the phone was completely stock, never rooted, no custom ROMs ---- just an ordinary HTC 3vo.
So I decide that I'm going to go ahead and find the steps necessary in order to flash a custom ROM, and I believe I did with this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1889438

I followed the guide, and eventually got to "***Step3: Perform JuopunutBear (wire trick) to get S-OFF status" where I had a little difficulty with the timing of the taps on the SD card. At one point I removed the battery from my phone because I thought it was stuck on the screen with the green arrow pointing downward, and after trying to reboot I found that the same JuopunutBear screen with the green arrow was still there.

I removed the battery once more, but this time when booting I held the volume down button to initiate bootloader. That went successfully, and so after trying the methods I found at http://unlimited.io/jbtroubleshooting.htm to remove this screen, I figured that I might try and flash a ROM from recovery and maybe that would fix it?xD My logic proved only half correct because even after formatting data/cache/dalvik, and then flashing a few different ROMs (not in the order of course:p) to see if any of them would allow the phone to boot up completely into OS, the phone is now stuck in a bootloop :'(

If I didn't provide enough information in the above description then I'd be glad to give any more details.

My bootloader reads like this:

- Juopunutbear -
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.57.5757
eMMC-boot
Apr 20 2012, 17:39:22

^ Never noticed that the date is inaccurate before typing all of this out!:eek: Not sure that has anything to do with my problem here, but still interesting..

Thank you again for taking your time to help me.

Last edited:

0N31R0N4UT

Nov 29, 2013
This phone has given me trouble since it was first given to me lol.
The first issue before rooting or anything was with the inability to use wifi!
I ended up having to buy service for the phone to even register my Gmail account..

Last edited:

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5a
You're in good shape
With s off you can recover easily.

The question is what do you want to run?

If you're going to stay ics sense, then you'll just need to format all partitions except sd and flash a Rom

If you want to run a jb Rom, you need to downgrade your hboot to the jbear 1.50

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I think the date is the release of the bootloader or something...shouldn't be today's date

Reactions: 0N31R0N4UT

0N31R0N4UT

Nov 29, 2013
Thank you for the reply :D
I'll try flashing different sense ROMs specifically,
and see if it will boot all the way through to the home screen.

0N31R0N4UT

Nov 29, 2013
I have installed a recovery, and it just happens to be 4ext!
I've been installing my ROMs by toggling usb storage in recovery, placing the ROM on the root of my microSD, and after disconnecting from usb storage I proceed to flash the chosen ROM, provided I've already wiped everything.

My trouble usually comes afterward when the ROM has completed it's installation and I go to reboot. Every time I've tried so far I've encountered a bootloop :/ But we'll see this time!

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5a
Gotcha
You'll get it sorted

What Rom are you trying now?

Sometimes you need to flash the boot.IMG after the Rom, but that usually only happens if youre s on.

If it still bootloops I would try this next:

Boot to recovery
Wipe all partitions
Reboot recovery
Wipe all partitions again
Flash Rom
Reboot phone

If all else fails you can run the ruu (will return u to stock Rom and recovery) and you will keep s off but will need to install recovery again.

Reactions: 0N31R0N4UT

0N31R0N4UT

Nov 29, 2013
I chose Team d3rp - Lights Out just to see if it would work, and to my surprise it did!!!

I wiped everything but my sd manually once,
and after flashing the ROM, the aroma installer gave the option to wipe again so I did.
After a suspenseful minute or two during the reboot, I finally got everything set up! :D

I can't thank you enough..!!

I'm not sure if I should make another thread or not, but the only problem I see now is with the wifi.
I have it connected to my network, and it's showing full signal,
but I can't access the internet and 3g doesn't even pick up when wifi is on.

If needed I'll make another thread, but I figured I would ask just in case!

I appreciate all the help so far.

egerth

Jul 29, 2012
Hello, a couple of days ago I received an HTC Evo 3D, but I don't like the stock HTC rom, so I decided to use NonSense (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1507616). I updated firmware, and installed CWM 6.0, wiped partitions and installed that ROM. But now i got a bootloop :/ .
Bootloader is unlocked..

Last edited:

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb

egerth

Jul 29, 2012
Again, more info please. What h-boot? S-on or s-off?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

S-off, I think it has to be s-on, hboot 1.53.0007, i'm currently trying to use RUU get back to stock, RUU says :
from image version 3.28.401.1 to 3.28.631.1
But it fails because of model id.
Bootloader is currently relocked.

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
S-off, I think it has to be s-on, hboot 1.53.0007, i'm currently trying to use RUU get back to stock, RUU says :
from image version 3.28.401.1 to 3.28.631.1
But it fails because of model id.
Bootloader is currently relocked.

You can only flash sense based ROMs with that h-boot. Since you're s-off just downgrade your h-boot to 1.49.0007 or 1.49.1107 and you can flash anything you want

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You're in good shape
    With s off you can recover easily.

The question is what do you want to run?

If you're going to stay ics sense, then you'll just need to format all partitions except sd and flash a Rom

If you want to run a jb Rom, you need to downgrade your hboot to the jbear 1.50

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I think the date is the release of the bootloader or something...shouldn't be today's date

Have you installed a recovery?
    I suggest 4ext

Gotcha
    You'll get it sorted

What Rom are you trying now?

Sometimes you need to flash the boot.IMG after the Rom, but that usually only happens if youre s on.

If it still bootloops I would try this next:

Boot to recovery
    Wipe all partitions
    Reboot recovery
    Wipe all partitions again
    Flash Rom
    Reboot phone

If all else fails you can run the ruu (will return u to stock Rom and recovery) and you will keep s off but will need to install recovery again.