5,600,429 Members 32,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Volume+ (Speaker Boost)

Tip us?

jpl69
Old
(Last edited by jpl69; 3rd December 2013 at 10:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Thumbs up Volume+ (Speaker Boost)

After long search and many tries i finally found something that boosts our speaker!! I'm posting some alternatives too to make it more like a debate thing!
I've created a thread because i really want everyone to share thoughts on this.

1- Volume + (Simplest)
Stock rom 4.0.4 but i think will work on any rom.
Don't expect clear sound because as it messes with bass so for better audio use headphones or an iPod .
Simply install the attached apk on the thread (no need to change stock audio_effects.conf)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1642379

2- ViPER4Android
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223

3- Voodoo Sound
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...doo.controlapp
Not working with stock kernel so use this awsome instead:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1833136

Please Share thoughts and settings
Used to be QTEK S100, QTEK 9100 (Wizard), HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Touch HD,HTC HD2 (LOST BU), TMN Silverbelt / ZTE Raise WQVGA CRAP, Sony Ericson x10i,
HTC HD2 (Again), iPhone 4S, Now Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7500), iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy Tab Note 10.1 2014 (SM-P605)

eushaun99
Old
(Last edited by eushaun99; 3rd December 2013 at 03:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 803
You should give ViPER4Android a try. It gives our tab the extra boost and great sound quality as well. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpl69 View Post
our speakers are really bad so for better audio use headphones .
That's not true, our tab actually has a quite decent speaker quality because of the WM8994 chip. Its just Samsung that messed up the volume so you can't feel it.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

jpl69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Thank you for the response but yes i've tried ViPER4Android, i tried Voodoo also and although it gives a boost of sound when it's in the middle range it doesn't get louder when it's on max volume then the stock.
The clarity of sound is obvious and gives a lot of customization but i really wanted an higher speaker to use when i am on noisy ambients. With Volume+ we get that with simple turn on/off and setting it to 12 it gives us at least 50% of amplified sound not losing much quality.
Perhaps with all that costumization i'm missing something, can you please share your settings?
I'll redraw op.
Thanks
Used to be QTEK S100, QTEK 9100 (Wizard), HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Touch HD,HTC HD2 (LOST BU), TMN Silverbelt / ZTE Raise WQVGA CRAP, Sony Ericson x10i,
HTC HD2 (Again), iPhone 4S, Now Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7500), iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy Tab Note 10.1 2014 (SM-P605)

AJtheAndroidNoOb
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Exclamation Question about VIPER4Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99 View Post
You should give ViPER4Android a try. It gives our tab the extra boost and great sound quality as well. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223

What do I chose at ''Please select your CPU''? It has 4 choices

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJtheAndroidNoOb View Post
What do I chose at ''Please select your CPU''? It has 4 choices
Use the latest fx version. It auto installs the driver.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpl69 View Post
Thank you for the response but yes i've tried ViPER4Android, i tried Voodoo also and although it gives a boost of sound when it's in the middle range it doesn't get louder when it's on max volume then the stock.
The clarity of sound is obvious and gives a lot of customization but i really wanted an higher speaker to use when i am on noisy ambients. With Volume+ we get that with simple turn on/off and setting it to 12 it gives us at least 50% of amplified sound not losing much quality.
Perhaps with all that costumization i'm missing something, can you please share your settings?
I'll redraw op.
Thanks
Here's my settings for V4A FX speaker:

1. Master Power: √
2. FIREQUALIZER:
3. Convolver : √
i) Impulse Response: Urei 1178 Impulse Hard.irs
ii) Cross Channel: 10%
4. Reverberation:
5. Speaker Optimization:
6. eXtra-Loud: √
i) Effect Strength: Slight
ii) Max Gain: Inf
iii) Max Output: 0 dB
7. Master Gate (Limiter)
i) Output Gain: 0 dB
ii) Limit Threshold: 0 dB

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eushaun99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AJtheAndroidNoOb
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99 View Post
Here's my settings for V4A FX speaker:

1. Master Power: √
2. FIREQUALIZER:
3. Convolver : √
i) Impulse Response: Urei 1178 Impulse Hard.irs
ii) Cross Channel: 10%
4. Reverberation:
5. Speaker Optimization:
6. eXtra-Loud: √
i) Effect Strength: Slight
ii) Max Gain: Inf
iii) Max Output: 0 dB
7. Master Gate (Limiter)
i) Output Gain: 0 dB
ii) Limit Threshold: 0 dB

Do you enable ''Force-Enable''? if you do, does it drain the battery? since it says a warning ''Might cause battery drain on some ROMs''

Out of Topic

Why when I use a secondary music app [Shuttle + Pro] It always say ''Unfortunately, DSP Manager has stop''? Cause the EQ to turn off by itself after a couple of songs?

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJtheAndroidNoOb View Post
Do you enable ''Force-Enable''? if you do, does it drain the battery? since it says a warning ''Might cause battery drain on some ROMs''

Out of Topic

Why when I use a secondary music app [Shuttle + Pro] It always say ''Unfortunately, DSP Manager has stop''? Cause the EQ to turn off by itself after a couple of songs?
If it works, no need to force enable.

AJtheAndroidNoOb
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Works! I feel the quality more if I use the headset than when I use the speaker. What do I do with DSP manager? since it always crashes, is it ok to freeze using Titanium Backup Pro, is there no effect to ViPER4Android if I freeze the DSP manager? sry for the load of questions

jpl69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Freeze-it!! You can always un-freeze-it