5,597,313 Members 37,555 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need some help, might be bricked.

Tip us?

Jelps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need some help, might be bricked.

Alright I will try to keep this some what short. I gave my X2 to my younger brother a while ago. At the time I think it was running CM 10, I can't remember for sure. I know it was 4.0+ though. He was having some errors popping up so one weekend I was home I was just going to reflash the ROM I had on there. So, that's what I thought I did. Tried to boot after install and would not go. I was not as familiar with SBFing and the likes so if I remember correctly I think I just tried to factory reset from recovery. After this I don't really remember what I did, but I do know it has not turned on since.

I just pulled it out again today and I am unable to do anything but boot into recovery. I can't boot into Fastboot to push files (just stays at Starting Fastboot protocol support). I can not get my computer to recognize the device at all (fastboot or adb). Even if there was a way to use RSD Lite I wouldn't be able to because RSD won't recognize devices either (I'm on Windows 8.1, have heard there is problems). What I do have though is an SD card and another Droid 3 that I can use to get files onto the SD card. Are there files that I can install directly off of the SD card in recovery mode that may be able to help me? I am pretty sure that the device is still on 4.(something) if that makes any difference. Sorry if this is confusing and thanks for any help.

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 944
Not sure about status on moto drivers for win 8.1
I would install divers installer from moto site
Link in my main page under divers issues sd_shadow's list of links for Droid FAQs, SBF, Rooting, ROMs....

Install drivers, reboot pc, then connect dx2, check win device manager for errors/unknown devices

This is for a dx2 for verizon network?

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

And use the latest rsd lite version in my list

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can
Always in motion is the future