XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy grand dose not show actual used space in internal memory

Tip us?

soumikb558
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Galaxy grand dose not show actual used space in internal memory

Hi developers, i hope you can help me in this problem.Some days ago I have rooted my galaxy grand and then also unroot it yesterday.but after inserting my large 16 gb sd card the rooting process dose not work any more. now I cannot also instal the SU user recovery.coz my phone dose not find the directory. then the problem of internal storage come. I have 4 gb of internal storage where I have got 3.6 gb( approx) but when i go to check the storage it shows 2.68 gb used and 1.96 gb free.And when i go into detail used space it only shows 1.65 gb and that is impossible. and the free amount remains fixed but the used amount is increasing with time. I have added two screen shot. Please some one help me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-03-12-40-25.png
Views:	463
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	2429924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-03-13-27-35.png
Views:	438
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	2429925  

aditya rathee
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumikb558 View Post
Hi developers, i hope you can help me in this problem.Some days ago I have rooted my galaxy grand and then also unroot it yesterday.but after inserting my large 16 gb sd card the rooting process dose not work any more. now I cannot also instal the SU user recovery.coz my phone dose not find the directory. then the problem of internal storage come. I have 4 gb of internal storage where I have got 3.6 gb( approx) but when i go to check the storage it shows 2.68 gb used and 1.96 gb free.And when i go into detail used space it only shows 1.65 gb and that is impossible. and the free amount remains fixed but the used amount is increasing with time. I have added two screen shot. Please some one help me
wipe cache partition and then see if you get correct readings

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to aditya rathee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

soumikb558
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya rathee View Post
wipe cache partition and then see if you get correct readings

Yes i have done that..but no good news..

asifcheer
Old
(Last edited by asifcheer; 3rd December 2013 at 02:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
The 'miscellaneous files' section in storage will also be missing.( I can see it from your screen shots )
I often have the same problem.... go to settings -- app manager --find your stock gallery app in 'all apps' tab and clear its data ( it usually shows huge data being used ). This will solve your problems

I think it is a problem with the stock gallery app of grand..

Now I am in gennxt rom which is super smooth and completely bug free for me....

Hope it helps..

Don't forget the THANKS BUTTON..

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to asifcheer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

soumikb558
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by asifcheer View Post
The 'miscellaneous files' section in storage will also be missing.( I can see it from your screen shots )
I often have the same problem.... go to settings -- app manager --find your stock gallery app in 'all apps' tab and clear its data ( it usually shows huge data being used ). This will solve your problems

I think it is a problem with the stock gallery app of grand..

Now I am in gennxt rom which is super smooth and completely bug free for me....

Hope it helps..

Don't forget the THANKS BUTTON..

Yes i have performed the task ,you mentioned.But after that the same problem persist. but one thing happened that when i go into storage option the "miscellaneous files" option just come for a second and then vanished. by some how i managed to take a screen shot of that. please take a look at this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	32
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	2430462   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	30
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	2430463  

asifcheer
Old
(Last edited by asifcheer; 3rd December 2013 at 05:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Yes i have performed the task ,you mentioned.But after that the same problem persist. but one thing happened that when i go into storage option the "miscellaneous files" option just come for a second and then vanished. by some how i managed to take a screen shot of that. please take a look at this.
Yes... I too had that experience when I was on stock rom...

The ' miscellaneous files' option comes and then vanishes .... I just can't view the miscellaneous files...

Later I found that you should select the 'miscellaneous files' option quickly before it vanishes , so as to view the files.....

Any way its still a bug on stock 4.2.2
Now I'm on Gennxt Rom ( same as stock rom without Samsung's bloatware apps )

Hope it helps you..

Don't forget about the THANKS button

The Following User Says Thank You to asifcheer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

soumikb558
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by asifcheer View Post
Yes... I too had that experience when I was on stock rom...

The ' miscellaneous files' option comes and then vanishes .... I just can't view the miscellaneous files...

Later I found that you should select the 'miscellaneous files' option quickly before it vanishes , so as to view the files.....

Any way its still a bug on stock 4.2.2
Now I'm on Gennxt Rom ( same as stock rom without Samsung's bloatware apps )

Hope it helps you..

Don't forget about the THANKS button

Thanks...