5,604,219 Members 48,932 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I9505 goes of of service when locked.

Tip us?
 
meh.hajj
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 44
Join Date: Feb 2011
Exclamation I9505 goes of of service when locked.

Hey guys, i just flashed the Google Edition 4.4 onto my I9505. As the title states, whenever I lock the phone via the button and turn it on, it says "No Service" so I manually have to choose the operator APN again. Anyone that could help me with this?
 
Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 3rd December 2013 at 07:06 PM.)
#2  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1481
Posts: 1,641
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh.hajj View Post
Hey guys, i just flashed the Google Edition 4.4 onto my I9505. As the title states, whenever I lock the phone via the button and turn it on, it says "No Service" so I manually have to choose the operator APN again. Anyone that could help me with this?
I recommend you to flash the latest modem for your phone ,Flashing a new 4.3 modem will fix any data drop issues. and you need the modem that start with MJ5/ Mk8/Mk9 until MKF
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.



If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"
 
meh.hajj
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 44
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
I recommend you to flash the latest modem for your phone ,Flashing a new 4.3 modem will fix any data drop issues. and you need the modem that start with MJ5/ Mk8/Mk9 until MKF

Sounds about right, since i'm not so good with all of this would you mind linking me a modem that would work?
 
Repulsa
Old
#4  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1481
Posts: 1,641
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh.hajj View Post
Sounds about right, since i'm not so good with all of this would you mind linking me a modem that would work?
Yes i can but you need to tell me which bootloader you have ? do you have an old bootloader or newest bootloader by any chance? please turn off you phone and press Power+Volume down in order to boot into download mode and tell me if you see on top of the green droid show's Knox void warranty 0.0 means you have Newest one. if you dont see those by any chance then you are on old bootloader and ill be happy to give you the link you need inorder not to mess your phone
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.



If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"
 
meh.hajj
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 44
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Yes i can but you need to tell me which bootloader you have ? do you have an old bootloader or newest bootloader by any chance? please turn off you phone and press Power+Volume down in order to boot into download mode and tell me if you see on top of the green droid show's Knox void warranty 0.0 means you have Newest one. if you dont see those by any chance then you are on old bootloader and ill be happy to give you the link you need inorder not to mess your phone
Hmmm, on top of the green droid it states the following:

ODINMODE
PRODUCTNAME: GT-I9505
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
WRITE PROTECTION: ENABLED
 
Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 3rd December 2013 at 07:28 PM.)
#6  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1481
Posts: 1,641
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh.hajj View Post
Hmmm, on top of the green droid it states the following:

ODINMODE
PRODUCTNAME: GT-I9505
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
WRITE PROTECTION: ENABLED
thats better its old bootloader Download this http://www.mediafire.com/download/48...em_XXUBMH1.rarand unzip the file and open odin and select phone and find the file you extract and flash away.

Incase you dont know how to flash via odin :P Open odin > select phone >find the one you download/extract then Turn off your phone manually and wait for 5 sec and put your phone into download mode power+Volume down> Put both cable and press start on odin, and tell me if it works
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.



If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"
 
meh.hajj
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 44
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
thats better its old bootloader Download this http://www.mediafire.com/download/48...em_XXUBMH1.rarand unzip the file and open odin and select phone and find the file you extract and flash away.

Incase you dont know how to flash via odin :P Open odin > select phone >find the one you download/extract then Turn off you phone manually and wait for 5 sec and put your phone into download mode power+Volume down> Put both cable and press start on odin

Thanks my man! Your thank you meter did just rise a bit!
 
Repulsa
Old
#8  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1481
Posts: 1,641
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh.hajj View Post
Thanks my man! Your thank you meter did just rise a bit!
Glad that helps and please confirm that your baseband version change into I9505xxuemfk by going Settings> More> about device that should fix your data drop issue. Have a nice day.
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.



If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more