5,605,835 Members 47,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat camera in Sense VS Google Edition?

Tip us?

gechu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Kitkat camera in Sense VS Google Edition?

Donīt want to use Sense, but since the camera at least historically has been better in Since, Iīve stayed away from the Google Edition.

How does the camera compare in Kitkat?

parsa5
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Similar to how it was before KitKat. The sense version is noticeably better in terms of photo quality and camera features.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

And this question is posted in the wrong forum.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

saketh91
Old
Thanks Meter 65
how come a person being a member of xda since 2009 does not know where to post a question?strange!!!

racker
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gechu View Post
Donīt want to use Sense, but since the camera at least historically has been better in Since, Iīve stayed away from the Google Edition.

How does the camera compare in Kitkat?
I converted my ATT HTC ONE to Google edition with updates. I don't take a lot of pictures but the quality of the GE rom camera seems great to me. Sense was great also but I don't see a big difference. If I remember correctly the comparisons of the two came down to sense being better in low light conditions. I haven't taken any low light with GE but normal indoor lighting and day time outside the GE editions camera gave me great shots.

I don't miss burst mode either - i did use it on sense when I had it and would use it if/when it's part of stock android.

GE edition panorama mode seems easier to use than sense's - my opinion of course...

gechu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Thanks for the feedback. It is quite likely that I cannot keep my self from trying the Google Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketh91 View Post
how come a person being a member of xda since 2009 does not know where to post a question?strange!!!
Well, it was an intentional act of pure evil aimed at upsetting guys like you. Guess I hit the target. Or, mistakes do happen.