XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

After root - Can't play Samsung Video

Tip us?

alias747
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default After root - Can't play Samsung Video

I got impatient last night and finally bit the bullet and rooted. Froze a bunch of apps (including Knox ofcourse) and made some changes with MultiWindow and Wanam Xposed. I tried playing one of the movies I bought wiht the $50 Samsung cred and it says: "This item expired. Connect to PC and download license."

Anyone else see this and know how to fix?

Thanks!

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3773
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias747 View Post
I got impatient last night and finally bit the bullet and rooted. Froze a bunch of apps (including Knox ofcourse) and made some changes with MultiWindow and Wanam Xposed. I tried playing one of the movies I bought wiht the $50 Samsung cred and it says: "This item expired. Connect to PC and download license."

Anyone else see this and know how to fix?

Thanks!
If you're device status show "custom" you probably won't be able to use Samsung's DRM protected apps. It breaks AllShare Cast also.

alias747
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
If you're device status show "custom" you probably won't be able to use Samsung's DRM protected apps. It breaks AllShare Cast also.
Well I did have a "Custom" status, but I used Wanam to trick the system to saying "Official" again. When it said custom, checking for updates would fail. Now that it is tricked it says that the tablet is up to date. So I think that if Hub used that as a gauge it would work. I am worried that it is going deeper than that and checking the Warranty Bit in the bootloader. OR it could be checking to see if another program is available (like Knox) but since I froze it, it's failing.

Thoughts?

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3773
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias747 View Post
Well I did have a "Custom" status, but I used Wanam to trick the system to saying "Official" again. When it said custom, checking for updates would fail. Now that it is tricked it says that the tablet is up to date. So I think that if Hub used that as a gauge it would work. I am worried that it is going deeper than that and checking the Warranty Bit in the bootloader. OR it could be checking to see if another program is available (like Knox) but since I froze it, it's failing.

Thoughts?
I connect to secure networks and have stayed away from rooting my N3 and N10.1-14 because with KNOX I can't take a chance that some flag somewhere in the s/w would be tripped preventing me from connecting and potentially having to replace my device. KNOX hasn't been around for that long and there are tons of threads across multiple forums swearing that "XYZ" method is KNOX safe. Pre-N3/N10.1-14 I'd root my device, clean it up, and then un-root it while still keeping "official" status. Now, who knows?