[Q] Best Method to Factory Restore With Rooted & Custom ROM

Tip us?

bzowk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Best Method to Factory Restore With Rooted & Custom ROM

Hey Guys -

After being an iPhone / Jailbreaking fanboy for a few years, I got frustrated with Apple locking things down so decided to go the Android route and chose the HTC One. After purchase, I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the device. Over the past 2 months, I've also tried / used a total of 3 different Custom ROMS to see what I liked and to play. Most recently, I ran RumRunner to obtain S-OFF. AT&T is my carrier and obviously located in US.

Currently, I'm on ViperOne and about to flash Android Revolution 40.3. I'd really like to do some kind of factory reset if possible to remove all junk I don't need anymore. I read that HTC One has a factory Restore option here, but didn't want to try (or even know if it would work) with Custom ROM.

With that being the case, what's the best option to perform a factory restore of sorts for my phone?

Thanks!

clsA
Old
(Last edited by clsA; 3rd December 2013 at 08:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 674

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzowk View Post
Hey Guys -

After being an iPhone / Jailbreaking fanboy for a few years, I got frustrated with Apple locking things down so decided to go the Android route and chose the HTC One. After purchase, I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the device. Over the past 2 months, I've also tried / used a total of 3 different Custom ROMS to see what I liked and to play. Most recently, I ran RumRunner to obtain S-OFF. AT&T is my carrier and obviously located in US.

Currently, I'm on ViperOne and about to flash Android Revolution 40.3. I'd really like to do some kind of factory reset if possible to remove all junk I don't need anymore. I read that HTC One has a factory Restore option here, but didn't want to try (or even know if it would work) with Custom ROM.

With that being the case, what's the best option to perform a factory restore of sorts for my phone?

Thanks!
Both TWRP and CWM Recovery's have factory reset in the options before flashing a new rom. If your wanting to delete everything including the sdcard you have to go into advanced options and wipe the sdcard. Keep in mind you would do this step after flashing the new rom to your phone or else the rom will be gone as well and you'll be forced to adb / push or sideload a rom back to your phone to flash.

so in the correct order
download rom / copy to sdcard
reboot to recovery
choose factory reset ( this deletes /data and /system )
choose install / find the arhd.rom you downloaded
during it's install choose full wipe
when it complete don't reboot
go to advanced and wipe the sdcard.

you should boot to a brand new phone with ARHD installed

Edit: Make sure you on the most current recovery TWRP 2.6.3.3 or CWM 6.0.4.5 it's required for KitKat Roms
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate
Tags
factory, htc, restore