Default [Q] Help! I think my HTC one is bricked?

Hi all,

Got a Rogers HTC one off of craigslist a few months ago which was already flashed to stock 4.3... worked great. Just yesterday I got a prompt on my phone asking me if I wanted to update to 4.4. "Sure, it cant be too hard?" I thought. Maybe its that I'm novice, but it didn't end up looking so simple. Soon the device asked me if I wanted to continue, saying this is not reversible so I said yes, then another message, I said yes again.. the device then turned off, then back on and there was a black screen with white letters and a loading bar.. when it finished i think it asked me another question about backing up the ruu or something like that and I said no... the phone turned off and tried to reboot, first the white with HTC quietly brilliant, then the google logo for half a second and then right to a light plue pixelated screen with little lines in it.. every time I hold the power button to turn off it turns back on and same thing. Is this whats called a boot loop? Did I do something wrong? At one point I tried turning off and then holding power and volume buttons to get into bootloader and it worked.. I didn't really know what to do so I just told it to reboot and it did but with same blue screen. I've been reading a lot of threads on here but I didn't see anything quite like this. Sorry for the long post. I'd really appreciate it if someone would help me out here.

Thank you.