nexus 7 2013 kitkat questions

Tip us?

Jacobloveskindles
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default nexus 7 2013 kitkat questions

Question number 1 :
Ever since I updated to kitkat I have been getting random reboots every day.my nexus has never been good to me but it has begun getting really bad. I had a 2012 before this one that is lieing with a cracked screen. I have tried safe mode but had to use a third party app and got a bug report but I was confused by it. I really need to eliminate this issue.

Question number 2: how do I get rid of the space wasting useless HP print app

Question number 3: how stable are the unofficial nightlies for cm11?

stfudude
Old
(Last edited by stfudude; 2nd December 2013 at 08:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 273
#1: check your installed app, maybe it's incompatible with Kitkat? or check Google account sync: if it shows red icon then you definitely have to check some of your Google apps.
Check this out, how to know if your apps are incompatible with Kitkat: http://productforums.google.com/d/ms...s/iM5hYLrlwMIJ
#2: if you mean Printing menu in settings app => you can't remove it in stock rom. If you mean the app is consuming resources => disable it (or freeze with Titanium Backup).

Can't answer #3 since I only use stock rom.
Galaxy S I9000 -given to dad-
Galaxy S II I9100 -mainboard died-
Galaxy S III I9300 -sold-
Nexus 7 3G -sold-
Nexus 7 2013 (flo) | Stock KOT49H rooted + faux kernel
Moto G dual sim (XT1033) | Stock Motorola Asia firmware, Android 4.4.2, not rooted | currently testing for hardware issues

I'm not sorry at all for my English, go read my name. LOL

Jacobloveskindles
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stfudude View Post
#1: check your installed app, maybe it's incompatible with Kitkat? or check Google account sync: if it shows red icon then you definitely have to check some of your Google apps.
Check this out, how to know if your apps are incompatible with Kitkat: http://productforums.google.com/d/ms...s/iM5hYLrlwMIJ
#2: if you mean Printing menu in settings app => you can't remove it in stock rom. If you mean the app is consuming resources => disable it (or freeze with Titanium Backup).

Can't answer #3 since I only use stock rom.
I have been messing around and got my problem of random reboots fixed with uninstalling a bunch of unstable apps.
I'm probably going to root because that app uses resources.
Im gonna wait till theres an official RC1 or RC2

antypas
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Default kernel?

Which kitkat kernel is the best in terms of:
1) performance?
2) battery life?

Is there any kernel that gives better battery life than the stock one?

StopHammertime
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobloveskindles View Post
Question number 1 :
Ever since I updated to kitkat I have been getting random reboots every day.my nexus has never been good to me but it has begun getting really bad. I had a 2012 before this one that is lieing with a cracked screen. I have tried safe mode but had to use a third party app and got a bug report but I was confused by it. I really need to eliminate this issue.

Question number 2: how do I get rid of the space wasting useless HP print app

Question number 3: how stable are the unofficial nightlies for cm11?
Does this happen with any application in particular? How often does it reboot? Is it happening the same time of day? You should be able to remove your HP print app just like any other application uninstalls.