XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recovery Flash Gone Wrong

Tip us?

thecaptain0220
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Recovery Flash Gone Wrong

I was trying to switch my phone over to CWM from TWRP. I tried flashing using ROM manager but it was always rewritten. I decided to grab the .img file from the CWM site and flash it in terminal emulator like I had done with TWRP before. It seemed to flash but when i rebooted I got the message that the system software was not authorized. I thought the file I downloaded was loki but I guess not. Do I have to odin back to stock now or is there another method?

thecaptain0220
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
So I just realized it was being stupid and was stuck trying to boot recovery. I booted to download mode and selected cancel to force it out of this loop. Once it did this I was able to boot the system and restore a proper recovery.

thecaptain0220
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
On a side note, does anyone know why flashing CWM doesn't stick. I read some things about the recovery being flashed every boot but all the information was out dated, I couldn't find anything about the S4.

jamesd1085
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecaptain0220 View Post
On a side note, does anyone know why flashing CWM doesn't stick. I read some things about the recovery being flashed every boot but all the information was out dated, I couldn't find anything about the S4.
ROM manager does work...try flashing then reboot at least once before booting recovery...and if you are running a stock tw rom some will attemt to overwrite custom recovery...in newer cwm it will ask you if you want to disable recovery install...clicking yes will stop the process keeping custom cwm