Android tab navigation help

Tip us?

alexdevaraj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Android tab navigation help

Hello guys,

I'm new to android, I'm doing an simple app as an requirement for college project.

The app uses tab navigation as demonstrated in " androidhive tab swipe"

Its required that each tab to be an drop down menu as I have multiple pages within a tab.

Please assist me on how can I get the tab into a drop down menu and content into the pages inside the tab.

If you can provide me on how this can be achieved - it will be very useful.

Alexis

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

alexdevaraj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, thanks for the reply. The screen should just show a drop down menu from which I want to select and navigate to different pages. Means each tab should show a drop down menu. Please assist.

nikwen
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdevaraj View Post
Hi, thanks for the reply. The screen should just show a drop down menu from which I want to select and navigate to different pages. Means each tab should show a drop down menu. Please assist.

Are you sure that this is the right tactic? Two selection items are often too complicated. If you've got some time, watch this video on app structure: http://youtu.be/XpqyiBR0lJ4

If you still want to do it like you described, you can try this: Add a Spinner to the layout and below that add a ViewPager which you add different Fragments to, depending on both selections. If you don't need swiping to get to the next screen, you can simply add the Fragments below the Spinner.

alexdevaraj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, thank you for the reply. I will try the solution you pointed, and update here.