[Q] Phone Stuck in Boot Loop

Tip us?

thefonzz2625
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone Stuck in Boot Loop

Hello All,

After replacing my shattered screen, I left my sd card in while pulling the red case out and damaged the sd card housing. With a little more troubleshooting, the sd card slot fell out and disintegrated. I filled in the contacts with solder, however ever since (before and after) it gets stuck in a boot loop. I am able to connect to it through adb and push roms, even update them, but on reboot they dont work.

I followed the steps to a T. http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...ROM_Flashing_2

I have amon RA recovery, wiped all data/factory reset, wiped cache and dalvik cache. Flashed rom. Cleared cache and dalvik again. rebooted, nothing.

I am attaching a logfile. It is big, but I didn't know where it started and where it ended.

http://pastebin.ca/2488280

Any help is appreciated.

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1151

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefonzz2625 View Post
Hello All,

After replacing my shattered screen, I left my sd card in while pulling the red case out and damaged the sd card housing. With a little more troubleshooting, the sd card slot fell out and disintegrated. I filled in the contacts with solder, however ever since (before and after) it gets stuck in a boot loop. I am able to connect to it through adb and push roms, even update them, but on reboot they dont work.

I followed the steps to a T. http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...ROM_Flashing_2

I have amon RA recovery, wiped all data/factory reset, wiped cache and dalvik cache. Flashed rom. Cleared cache and dalvik again. rebooted, nothing.

I am attaching a logfile. It is big, but I didn't know where it started and where it ended.

http://pastebin.ca/2488280

Any help is appreciated.
if s-on are you flashing the boot.img from that rom in fastboot?
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them

thefonzz2625
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
if s-on are you flashing the boot.img from that rom in fastboot?
You're right, I am s-on. So i did that, but I am hitting the same problem.
Namely:

"cutils-trace: Error opening trace file: No such file or directory
"JNI posting fatal error: Native registration unable to find class 'android/media/videoeditor/VideoEditorProfile', aborting

Followed this: androidforums.com/gsm-evo-3d-all-things-root/723480-how-install-custom-rom-s.html

REV3NT3CH
Old
(Last edited by REV3NT3CH; 3rd December 2013 at 06:17 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1151

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You're right, I am s-on. So i did that, but I am hitting the same problem.
Namely:

"cutils-trace: Error opening trace file: No such file or directory
"JNI posting fatal error: Native registration unable to find class 'android/media/videoeditor/VideoEditorProfile', aborting

Followed this: androidforums.com/gsm-evo-3d-all-things-root/723480-how-install-custom-rom-s.html

you do realize thats for the evo 3d and not for the rezound right....2 different devices and setups

what rom are you trying to flash and ill step by step you with what you need to do
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them

thefonzz2625
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
you do realize thats for the evo 3d and not for the rezound right....2 different devices and setups

what rom are you trying to flash and ill step by step you with what you need to do

I'm trying to flash Pac-Man http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2425473 . I did a wipe data/cache on amon ra, wipe system, wipe dalvik. Adb push the pacman zip, push the gapps zip, push the boot.img zip. I flashed them to internal_sd.( Other times, when I flashed them to /data/ and then used recovery --upgrade_package=DATA:file_name.zip It would either say the install completed or hang and in either instance not work.) After flashing to internal_sd, i used the flash_zip functionality from amon_ra which lets you pick from internal_sd. I flashed pacman, it said it was successful, gapps successful. I rebooted the bootloader as directed into fastboot, i issued the fastboot boot /path/to/boot.img and it gave an OK. I rebooted back into recovery, cleared dalvik, cleared cache and rebooted. Thats what I got above.

Let me know if I should do something different. Thank you for the help.

thefonzz2625
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I'm trying to flash Pac-Man http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2425473 . I did a wipe data/cache on amon ra, wipe system, wipe dalvik. Adb push the pacman zip, push the gapps zip, push the boot.img zip. I flashed them to internal_sd.( Other times, when I flashed them to /data/ and then used recovery --upgrade_package=DATA:file_name.zip It would either say the install completed or hang and in either instance not work.) After flashing to internal_sd, i used the flash_zip functionality from amon_ra which lets you pick from internal_sd. I flashed pacman, it said it was successful, gapps successful. I rebooted the bootloader as directed into fastboot, i issued the fastboot boot /path/to/boot.img and it gave an OK. I rebooted back into recovery, cleared dalvik, cleared cache and rebooted. Thats what I got above.

Bump?

thefonzz2625
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Flashed phone to cm 10.2. Problem Solved.

REV3NT3CH
Old
(Last edited by REV3NT3CH; 3rd December 2013 at 11:16 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1151

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

use twrp or cwm.... amon ra is not recommended as it will give many bugs with flashing any rom higher than ice cream sandwhich....such as many random reboots...overheating...bad signal...etc....i suggest not doing adb method....only flash rom and gapps in recovery then reboot to botloader and select fastboot and plug it in so it says fastboot usb... in your fastboot folder on pc place the boot.img in it....open commabd prompt and cd to that folder and type: fastboot flash boot boot.img

again amonra will not work on ny jb or kit kat roms....a good thorough reading from the users and comments will ensure this....adb only works in certain recoveries or in rom with android debugging enabled...
Samsung Relay 4g
HTC REZOUND