5,598,171 Members 43,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need Rumrunner Help Please!!!!!!!!

Tip us?

manklee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need Rumrunner Help Please!!!!!!!!

Hello All,

I would have posted this in the rumrunner for vzw one forum but I am a new member so I cannot post on dev forums yet. I need to achieve s-off because I want to install CWM and install the stable build of CM10.2 that came out yesterday. I am by no means a noob as I been rooting and flashing custom roms on every android phone I have ever owned all the way back to the OG Droid. Although I am by no means a professional either, I guess I am just good at following write ups online put together by the people that actually build for Android.............or so I thought.

I followed a couple of articles I found online about using Rumrunner for the vzw one to achieve s-off for the device. I have installed the correct htc drivers and have disabled all firewalls and antivirus programs running. The device has USB debugging enabled as is all security settings on the device are are turned of just like the articles say. The trouble is when I execute rumrunner the program goes through the usual test ( boots into fastboot and then adb) and then reboots into fastboot, and then adb again. Then it says device detected and then says waiting for device. Here is where the trouble begins. The program will just sit there and say waiting for device and keep rebooting the device and looks like this below ( I cannot screenshot it because I have already closed it out but it looks just like below)

Waiting for Device
Waiting for Device
Waiting for Device
Waiting for Device
Waiting for Device
Waiting for Device

It will just keep doing this and whille rumrunner is doing that on the computer, the device is rebooting, staying on the homescreen like a normal startup, and then rebooting again. I have tried this on two computers and it gets stuck at the same spot. Any help would be great appreciated I have no idea what im doing wrong

Thanks

zeropally
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Sounds like you're using the wrong version for your firmware. Double check in settings about phone software info. You'll need to make sure firmware numbers match the version of rumrunner you're using. Either .2 .8 .10 or .15 at the end of the number

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

nkrebs13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropally View Post
Sounds like you're using the wrong version for your firmware. Double check in settings about phone software info. You'll need to make sure firmware numbers match the version of rumrunner you're using. Either .2 .8 .10 or .15 at the end of the number

This is exactly right. I had the same problem as you. I just needed to use the .15 instead of .10 or whatever I was using. I now have s-off, I just don't know how to actually root it from here

zeropally
Old
(Last edited by zeropally; 3rd December 2013 at 11:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
To root you need to flash either twrp or cwm recoveries and flash superuser or supersu via those. Check the original development sections for flyhalfs post of either recovery. Download them and boot into fastboot USB. Then open fastboot from the same folder the adb.exe file is in and use the command ' fastboot flash recovery (whatever you name the file).IMG this will give you recovery. And I'm out of time on break to give directions for superuser hopefully someone can post the rest

Make sure you put the recovery image into the same folder as adb

gdemore
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Once rumrunner successfully completes see this post - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=10

manklee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrebs13 View Post
This is exactly right. I had the same problem as you. I just needed to use the .15 instead of .10 or whatever I was using. I now have s-off, I just don't know how to actually root it from here
That was exactly it. I was using the .10 rumrunner version and when I needed .15. Thanks for all your help guys