5,594,700 Members 33,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted my S4 without Odin & Terminal Emulator

Tip us?

exopforce
Old
(Last edited by VECTUS; 4th December 2013 at 12:53 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooted my S4 without Odin & Terminal Emulator

Ok, So i had a galaxy note 2 before and the phone was way to big for me. It was pretty annoying bringing that big phone to the bar. So I purchase a S4. I did some research and tryed to use terminal emulator but it was block by the new security software that the s4 comes with... So I found this video on youtube and it actually worked. I take no credit what so every for this i just found it and would like to share it .

1) Install all Samsung Drivers
2) Put the phone into Debuging mode. Make sure you plug it into the computer and make sure you allow the computer to debug the phone. A pop up usually comes on the phone make sure to check ALways for this computer and hit agree and ok
3) Go to link deleted by VECTUS /vroot and download the root software if your using google chrome the page is easily translated.
4) Install the software to your computer and run it
5) Hit the root button and thats it

I'm on windows 8.1 and it work for me so it should work for anyone because 8.1 sucks
AGAIN: I did not figure this out I am just sharing thanks

jamesd1085
Old
(Last edited by VECTUS; 4th December 2013 at 12:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by exopforce View Post
Ok, So i had a galaxy note 2 before and the phone was way to big for me. It was pretty annoying bringing that big phone to the bar. So I purchase a S4. I did some research and tryed to use terminal emulator but it was block by the new security software that the s4 comes with... So I found this video on youtube and it actually worked. I take no credit what so every for this i just found it and would like to share it .

2) Put the phone into Debuging mode. Make sure you plug it into the computer and make sure you allow the computer to debug the phone. A pop up usually comes on the phone make sure to check ALways for this computer and hit agree and ok
3) Go to link removed by VECTUS /vroot and download the root software if your using google chrome the page is easily translated.

I'm on windows 8.1 and it work for me so it should work for anyone because 8.1 sucks
There are already at least 2 ops about this vroot method...some believe it to be an unsafe method

exopforce
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd1085 View Post
There are already at least 2 ops about this vroot method...some believe it to be an unsafe method
I'll keep everyone updated on the root. The only issue I had was when I installed superusersu i had to reset my phone twice (reset after disabling Knox). But everything else seems to be working fine. I want to use the galaxy gear so i'ma try to find a rom thats based off of 4.3

P.S.
I tried to put the links up but since I haven't hit 10 post yet I cant put the links in... If an admin will allow me i can put the links up thanks

mitchallica
Old
Thanks Meter 43
What firmware version are you running?

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1236

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by exopforce View Post

3) Go to banned site and download the root software if your using google chrome the page is easily translated.

Post reported.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

VECTUS
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6354

DONATE TO ME
Sigh... I'll try to be politically correct here... This thread was IN NO WAY actual development... So I moved it to general... You guys can talk about vroot or whatever it is all you want (in the CORRECT threads) but DO NOT post links to it... ANYWHERE until told otherwise here at XDA... Poster there is a method to XDA's madness and your post is a prime example (like why you can't post the link) of why we have rules here... For goodness sakes please read BEFORE (I suggest starting with XDA rules) you post such things, and in the wrong place no less... I'll chalk this up to being a novice (I would also run anti virus on your pc now that you have vroot on your pc, just a friendly hint)... THREAD CLOSED

CLICK TO FIND OUT WHAT XDA IS AND WHY I MODERATED THE WAY I DID

"The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it" - Mark Twain

The Following User Says Thank You to VECTUS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe