Unlock US Cellular Moto X To Use On GSM

Search This thread

AndyRacki

Dec 3, 2013
I bought a US Cellular Moto X off of Ebay. I unlocked the Moto X successfully since I receive the message each time I turn on my phone but no unlock menu popped open.

I have the correct T-Mobile SIM card, I am able to search the internet but I can't make calls, receive calls, and the same for texts. When I call, I receive the welcome to verizon wireless message and the texts do not go through.

Please help. I was told I can do this but I need to download a jellybean/ROM, anyone know how to do it?

charlie-n

Oct 24, 2013
Impossible to do, never will work, it is a cdma phone and your putting a gsm sim card in it. It will only work in other countries on gsm.

Sent from my XT1056 using xda app-developers app

boss.

Oct 27, 2013
I bought a US Cellular Moto X off of Ebay. I unlocked the Moto X successfully since I receive the message each time I turn on my phone but no unlock menu popped open.

I have the correct T-Mobile SIM card, I am able to search the internet but I can't make calls, receive calls, and the same for texts. When I call, I receive the welcome to verizon wireless message and the texts do not go through.

Please help. I was told I can do this but I need to download a jellybean/ROM, anyone know how to do it?

I just bought a US Cellular Moto X as well with a bad ESN but plan to use it here in Australia. How were you able to unlock the Moto X? Im kind of confused with all these CDMA phones and how to use them overseas because all networks here in Aus are all GSM.

sunnyfundaze

May 18, 2014
Did you get it to work?

I know this thread is a few months old but thought I would try as this message is the closest to what I was thinking. Were you able to flash the rom to Verizon? How did you end up resolving the issue?

Last edited: