5,597,762 Members 37,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there a way to not display multi-user notifications?

Tip us?

mr_dimsum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is there a way to not display multi-user notifications?

I have two user accounts, but my notification tray ALWAYS displays the notifications from both accounts. Is there a way to limit it so only one user sees their own notifications?

[Krueger]Dr.Stein
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dimsum View Post
I have two user accounts, but my notification tray ALWAYS displays the notifications from both accounts. Is there a way to limit it so only one user sees their own notifications?
What apps are you referring to?

Whatsapp, Hangouts, Gmail, Email and a few others doesn't show in notification only via the LED for me. I'm not using the shared apps accounts though, I'm using a total separate account. There's two types of users right?
[Krueger]Dr.Stein
Your SOUL May Belong To GOD
But Your ASS Is All MINE

InsertCoin 3.4.1 SENSE 3.5
Bricked-Kernel|2.6.35.14|v1.5|OC@1914/192GHz

AmeriCanAndroid AOSP HD2 GB2.3.7 CM7.2 | bk2sdext [KERNEL:ACA823]

mr_dimsum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Krueger]Dr.Stein View Post
What apps are you referring to?

Whatsapp, Hangouts, Gmail, Email and a few others doesn't show in notification only via the LED for me. I'm not using the shared apps accounts though, I'm using a total separate account. There's two types of users right?
Hi Krueger,

Sorry, not sure I'm following your response. Would you be able to elaborate? I've been trying to find information on this and search doesn't really bring up much in Google.

On my Nexus 7 (2013), I have two users setup under Settings / Device / Users, one of them is the owner of the device.

When I'm using one of the users and look at the notification tray, I am seeing updates from Facebook, Outlook, and pretty much any application that either I or the other user has installed. I can't clear the other users notifications, only my own.

.. Is this normal? I hadn't really bothered to look into this too much until recently. But I'm simply stumped.

JASN_DE
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dimsum View Post
Is this normal? I hadn't really bothered to look into this too much until recently. But I'm simply stumped.
No it isn't. Standard behaviour in 4.3 as well as 4.4 is to separate all the notifications. I just tried it with my girlfriend's account on my N7 and created one of those shared profiles. Both work as expected.

Did you do something to your N7? Root, ROM, anything?

mr_dimsum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASN_DE View Post
No it isn't. Standard behaviour in 4.3 as well as 4.4 is to separate all the notifications. I just tried it with my girlfriend's account on my N7 and created one of those shared profiles. Both work as expected.

Did you do something to your N7? Root, ROM, anything?
I'm stumped. Will update call with video or images.
Tags
android, multi-user