5,593,401 Members 36,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] phone s-on, no rom?, need some serious help!

Tip us?

andyspartan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] phone s-on, no rom?, need some serious help!

When it comes to rooting im usually not a noob and I can usually figure out how to make it work or fix it. But I have a problem, I tried flashing Dirty Unicorn (newest one) and well I guess I didnt realize i had S-ON so my system ended up not working and when it boots up all it will show is the white htc logo (no beats logo) then it will reboot and keep going. And I tried a lot of things and none worked and I ended up relocking my evo.(oh and what do you ****ing know, when backing up it all it backed up everything to phone memory and not microSD so thats allll wiped) Here is what i see

***Tampered***
***Relocked***
Jewel PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.09.000
Radio- 1.12.11.1210
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC-boot
October 18

Okay and well i can't access my twrp recovery now either (oh ****) and I finally find the androidruu and the jewel but I already hate the stupid site because my download speed won't rise above 70 KB per second and thats not even the average speed! (I have a considerably fast internet) but its the only place i can seem to find the RUUs and Im still not sure which one to use but i know it has to be one of the last three (I hope im right?) And well ive tried doing all the S-off but never seemed to work. The people who make DirtyRacun also need to be more specific, could have had it completed but i never started since I only saw a linux option -.- So i skipped it but it seems now my only hope is on the 3 hour long RUU download which seems to be randomly stopping and saying completed before it even finished (on two different computers). Can anyone help me out? Also I bricked (soft i think) my last evo lte but I was able to recover it with ruu but this time it seems im totally stuck.

FinZ28
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1600

DONATE TO ME
You need to unlock your bootloader again, first off. Second, hit the link in my sig for fixing the phone after a system wipe. Third, you really need to S-off.

Also, there is no RUU for you to use with what you're running.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE