XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Knox on 4.2.2?

Tip us?

mark324
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Knox on 4.2.2?

So from what I read samsung knox is coming to 4.3..I have a rogers on 4.2.2 and looking at the application manager I see an app called samsung knox and knox store..what are these for?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda app-developers app

mark324
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Does that mean I have knox..I'm rooted though and have installed other roms

Whizzpopper
Old
Thanks Meter 235
What I discovered today (first day with S4) is that if you freeze Knox, the open lock and "custom" caption - which appear after rooting - on the boot screen disappear. I have no idea what Knox is for.... I can't believe how much bloat there is on this phone!

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzpopper View Post
What I discovered today (first day with S4) is that if you freeze Knox, the open lock and "custom" caption - which appear after rooting - on the boot screen disappear. I have no idea what Knox is for.... I can't believe how much bloat there is on this phone!
More than likely, the custom lock on your screen is appearing or disappearing randomly and has nothing to do with KNOX. It probably just changed because you did 'something" to your phone. SysScope is the process that determines the result of the scan to be custom or official. Your phone might stay the way it is now, or it might revert back at some point to custom. Search for sysscope if you want to learn more about it.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to scott14719 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Whizzpopper
Old
Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719 View Post
More than likely, the custom lock on your screen is appearing or disappearing randomly and has nothing to do with KNOX. It probably just changed because you did 'something" to your phone. SysScope is the process that determines the result of the scan to be custom or official. Your phone might stay the way it is now, or it might revert back at some point to custom. Search for sysscope if you want to learn more about it.
Thanks. I was just reading about knox. Loads of info out there OP, in case you're interested. It seemed like a pretty consistent response. - freeze the two knox apps and the lock disappears, unfreeze and the lock reappears. I'll have a look at SysScope....

mark324
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Interesting ...I'll have to check it out..I miss my s2..seems so complicated now with rooting lol..locked bootloader,knox..so much steps