[Q] Bugs and Questions for OMNIROM 4.4 Nightly

Tip us?

adityaarora05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bugs and Questions for OMNIROM 4.4 Nightly

Hi,

I recently flashed my Samsung s3 i9300 and installed the Omnirom-4.4-20131112-i9300-NIGHTLY build.

I came across the following bugs. Some are already listed over the web , but thought still to list them together to see if they hav been fixed, or are in the process :-

1) Sometimes music doesnt play with headset. Have to remove the headset, play it once on speakers (duration doesnt matter, a milisecond would do too ), and then plug headsets back in, and it works.

2) When i lock or unlock a phone while music is playing, there is a sound (something like a thread or something got stuck for half a second and the music note got repeated).

3) com.android.(something).systemui crashes sometimes.

4) I couldn't find a default File Manager. I don't know if stock android has something like that or not. Just thought to bring it to Notice .

5) Cell Broadcasts with garbled messages.

6) My Cell (not battery. I removed the battery to see if it was hot, and it wasn't. Though, the lower part of the cell, where the Exynos Processor has started overheating a bit. Tasks performed while doing this :-
a) Downloads
b) Music Pkayback + Surfing
c) Games.

7) I want to know if the builds include an OTA update system or i need to flash my mobile again to install the latest nightly. Because nightlies have been released till December, but my mobile shows "Your system is up-to-date) in Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates

I checked and found that the latest nightly for 4th December has been released, has any( or all) of the bugs been fixed ?

I'll give out more bugs, as and when i get them

Thank you in advance!

PS : Great work people. First time i flashed my phone, and i really liked it

adityaarora05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
8) In Video Playback, i don't get any video. It's just audio. Also tried on custom app MX Player.