XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lumia 900 as usb drive- need to recover deleted pics

Tip us?

rage4order
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Lumia 900 as usb drive- need to recover deleted pics

Hello everyone! I have spent the better part of 2 days trying to recover deleted pictures from my wife's phone. I've googled just about everything I can think of and here's where I'm at- I have installed a recovery software and I have edited my pc's registry so the phone shows up in "my computer". Here's where I run into trouble. In My Computer, the phone shows up as a Portable Device and I am able to open it and browse thru it. Buuuuut, when I run my recovery software, the phone doesn't appear anywhere; only my computer's drives. Is there something else I'm missing?

AndyFZ1S
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Is the phone completely dead? If not then you could connect to zune on a pc and transfer photos to hard drive, If it is dead then I really don't know a solution sorry

rage4order
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFZ1S View Post
Is the phone completely dead? If not then you could connect to zune on a pc and transfer photos to hard drive, If it is dead then I really don't know a solution sorry
No, not dead. Phone is working and connects to Zune fine.. The problem is, my wife deleted some of her pictures from the phone and now I'm trying to recover them. I've run into a bit of a roadblock.