XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone vibrates when plugged in

Tip us?

aanarchyy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Phone vibrates when plugged in

Not really sure why but now my phone vibrates when it is plugged in but only when the screen is off. It will give three short vibrates when plugged in, and will give two short vibrates about every fifteen seconds the entire time plugged in, but only if the screen is off. I tried looking through the logs but not really sure what I'm looking for. Any help?

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aanarchyy View Post
Not really sure why but now my phone vibrates when it is plugged in but only when the screen is off. It will give three short vibrates when plugged in, and will give two short vibrates about every fifteen seconds the entire time plugged in, but only if the screen is off. I tried looking through the logs but not really sure what I'm looking for. Any help?
you might have a sticky power button. does it turn on without you pushing the power button when you put in the battery?
"A man chooses, a slave obeys." - Andrew Ryan

Samsung Galaxy S2
Rom: Cyanogenmod 10.2 (4.3.1)

Rom: Cyanogemod 10.1.3 (4.2.2)
Asus Nexus 7
Rom: Stock (4.4.2) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations on amazon?
Chromecast
Rom: Stock

aanarchyy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
you might have a sticky power button. does it turn on without you pushing the power button when you put in the battery?
Nope, its a samsung gs3 by the way. I think i may have nailed it, not sure yet, but i also broke some stuff. Went in with Permissions pro and started axing permissions to the vibrator function. So far i think it was Google+ so im gonna have to re-install it i guess and see what happens.

aanarchyy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Pinned it!
One of the modules I have for xposed framework, namely xposed additions recently updated and added a "feature" that vibrates on a USB plug in event. Apparently Samsung regularly polls the USB to see if it's plugged in, and if it reads it is, treats it as a new plug in event, which causes the phone to vibrate. Downgrading to the previous version seems to have fixed the problem.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk now Free

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aanarchyy View Post
Pinned it!
One of the modules I have for xposed framework, namely xposed additions recently updated and added a "feature" that vibrates on a USB plug in event. Apparently Samsung regularly polls the USB to see if it's plugged in, and if it reads it is, treats it as a new plug in event, which causes the phone to vibrate. Downgrading to the previous version seems to have fixed the problem.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk now Free
awesome mate im glad you fixed your problem
"A man chooses, a slave obeys." - Andrew Ryan

Samsung Galaxy S2
Rom: Cyanogenmod 10.2 (4.3.1)

Rom: Cyanogemod 10.1.3 (4.2.2)
Asus Nexus 7
Rom: Stock (4.4.2) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations on amazon?
Chromecast
Rom: Stock