5,597,937 Members 38,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dead Boot Rescue

Tip us?

ClydeWinux
Old
(Last edited by ClydeWinux; 4th December 2013 at 01:42 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by solbirn View Post
Can you give a bit more history? Correct me if I'm off...

HBOOT: M7_UK PVT SHIP S-ON RH
MID: (PN0714000) is Australia/Hong Kong/Singapore
CID: (GOOGL001) is Google
Firmware: (3.58.1700.5) is Google

My primary question is UK hboot and MID. Phone is from Australia/Hong Kong/Singapore region, you S-OFF, you changed CID, you flashed google firmware+rom, and you flashed UK hboot?

Thoughts: wrong MID and hboot could be causing RUU and unlock to fail verification?
Ah @solbirn sorry I edited it, it's supposedly M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH

solbirn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeWinux View Post
Ah @solbirn sorry I edited it, it's supposedly M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
Ok, so only the MID is off for Google RUU, but bunch of things are off for a PN0714000 RUU. I'm not entirely sure if MID would break signature/unlock verification, perhaps someone who knows can chime in. If you can find an RUU exe for original phone (PN0714000?), you can try but I think CID would get in the way.

Also, what did you use to convert to GPE? Do you know which partitions it flashed? I'm wondering if it flashed entire firmware (sbl, rpm, tz, etc partitions), or just certain partitions. Does anyone know if different MIDs or regions are signed with different HTC keys?

ClydeWinux
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by solbirn View Post
Ok, so only the MID is off for Google RUU, but bunch of things are off for a PN0714000 RUU. I'm not entirely sure if MID would break signature/unlock verification, perhaps someone who knows can chime in. If you can find an RUU exe for original phone (PN0714000?), you can try but I think CID would get in the way.

Also, what did you use to convert to GPE? Do you know which partitions it flashed? I'm wondering if it flashed entire firmware (sbl, rpm, tz, etc partitions), or just certain partitions. Does anyone know if different MIDs or regions are signed with different HTC keys?
I have converted my HTC One to GPE following this tutorial:
http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-t...dates-0148068/
I am really not sure if it flashed the entire firmware or just some certain partitions.. @solbirn

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeWinux View Post
I have converted my HTC One to GPE following this tutorial:
http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-t...dates-0148068/
I am really not sure if it flashed the entire firmware or just some certain partitions.. @solbirn
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think you'll be able to fix it.

IMHO, and as far as i know:
1- you won't be able to unlock using HTCdev because of changed CID
2- only (current) way to s-off is using rumrunner, which requires a rooted rom
3- you need a same version or higher RUU to run properly, but for MID PN0714000 and CID GOOGL001, this doesn't exist

I believe you mentioned you're in the UK? you can try those fonefun guys; they have a Java Card and can get you s-off. i think they charge something like 20 or 30 pounds.
otherwise, you'll need to see repair center.

Sorry mate
Tags
htc, htc 1, htcone