XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

May have a brick

Tip us?

robin48
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Default May have a brick

I have an att Note 2 and had recently installed the 4.3 bootloader and tried a couple of the new roms. They were to buggy so I did a full wipe including a data format and restored a Jedi backup. That was this morning. Just a few minutes ago I was attempting to boot into recovery and the phone won't progress past the Samsung logo. Any ideas or suggestions? THanks
I was chasing my dreams, tripped over reality and busted my arse.

210euser
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin48 View Post
I have an att Note 2 and had recently installed the 4.3 bootloader and tried a couple of the new roms. They were to buggy so I did a full wipe including a data format and restored a Jedi backup. That was this morning. Just a few minutes ago I was attempting to boot into recovery and the phone won't progress past the Samsung logo. Any ideas or suggestions? THanks
Can you get into download mode? If so Odin the att 4.3 leak if on att and reroot done.

Sent from my phone
The Following User Says Thank You to 210euser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robin48
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210euser View Post
Can you get into download mode? If so Odin the att 4.3 leak if on att and reroot done.

Sent from my phone
Can't get into anything. Glad I have an upgrade.

210euser
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Can't get into anything. Glad I have an upgrade.
Now there was a twrp write up about formatting data in the att gs4 dev section in the golden eye rom I believe. It stated how to fix this issue. Try googling twrp format data fix.

Sent from my phone
The Following User Says Thank You to 210euser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robin48
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210euser View Post
Now there was a twrp write up about formatting data in the att gs4 dev section in the golden eye rom I believe. It stated how to fix this issue. Try googling twrp format data fix.

Sent from my phone
I finally got into download mode not to find what I need to Odin and Ill be golden

DelphinusMinor
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
I finally got into download mode not to find what I need to Odin and Ill be golden
If you can get into download mode, you are not bricked.

Go here;

http://samsung-updates.com/latest-firmware/

Select your device. You can find exact model by removing the back. Model number is on a sticker behind the battery.

Download your firmware. Get into download mode. Load Odin. Tick PDA. Navigate to your firmware. Hit Start.

If it fails try downloading the file again as errors during file transfer are actually very common. Then flash in Odin once again.

Also, I want to add, Odin starts "Not Responding" almost immediately after beginning to flash. Don't panic, this is also very common. In fact it's never NOT happened to me when flashing stock firmware for my Note 2 and S3. Just let it do it's thing and a few seconds later it will recover from this and commence the flash.

I actually have an unbrick video on my Youtube channel for the S3. I need to do one for the Note 2 soon.

Oh, and one more thing, sometimes if you are having difficulty with a bootloop and you can't get into recovery or download, pull the battery and do the steps and then try again. I find many times I have to start from a completely powered off device.

Good luck and keep us posted. =-}
Temasek CM11 v27.3 + W03Tweaks v1.02 *The Fine-tuned AOSP*
+++ Del (Jason)
The Following User Says Thank You to DelphinusMinor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

210euser
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Good to hear.

Sent from my phone

robin48
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Ok here is what I did. I was able to get into philz recovery and rewiped partition and was able to install seanz stock leak and bam I'm good. Thanks guys. I'm renaming my truck after you.

The Following User Says Thank You to robin48 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]