XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dissappointment - locked bootloader?

Tip us?

WoodburyMan
Old
Thanks Meter 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relayers View Post
I will probably sell my S4 this week because of Knox. Is the LG G2 better than the Nexus 5 ?
LG G2 = Nexus 5. Same specs, same processor and everything more or less. Just Nexus 5 is unlocked and will have more support than any other phones usually.
White Nexus 5 32gb Android 4.4.2 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
Nexus 7 2013 Android 4.4.2 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Android 4.4.2 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
Archos Home Connect 35 4gb Android 2.2 Rooted Stock Firmware 2.4.83
Nook Classic 3G

bnolsen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
safestrap makes the MF3 tolerable but yeah, not being able to dabble with kitkat really sucks. Since this is my work phone I'll probably just use safestrap with a stripped down stock. At the moment I have graviton which is acceptable but IMHO still has too much bloatware on it.

0rius
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Anyone have any thoughts about selling it on Ebay?

cletusarrarr
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblehyper View Post
I'd say return it, I'm currently selling my S4, hopefully someone buys it. Never again Samsung.
Yea

davebegue
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Still love the hardware. The display is awesome. Removable battery, sd card. It is a dream phone. So aggravating that it has been hobbled like it is. Thought I was getting a great deal when I got it on eBay. Coming from s3 I just figured it would be easy to mod. Didn't do my research before buying. Still a great phone but really limited. So I am kind of stuck with it now. Maybe I could resell it and try to get one of those unlocked ones but crap they are expensive. I hope somehow it will get liberated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
sim unlocked tmob s4 running on atnt workin gud

0rius
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebegue View Post
Still love the hardware. The display is awesome. Removable battery, sd card. It is a dream phone. So aggravating that it has been hobbled like it is. Thought I was getting a great deal when I got it on eBay. Coming from s3 I just figured it would be easy to mod. Didn't do my research before buying. Still a great phone but really limited. So I am kind of stuck with it now. Maybe I could resell it and try to get one of those unlocked ones but crap they are expensive. I hope somehow it will get liberated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
This is what I am leaning towards. Just deal with the crap/bloatware and hope some breakthrough occurs with these boot loaders.

I think Ebay is gonna be too much of a hassle and the handset is really nice, although not being able to tether is SEVERELY annoying.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Brooklynsour
Old
(Last edited by Brooklynsour; 4th December 2013 at 07:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 55
This thread is depressing to me lol (phone comes in tomorrow....)
G2 has whack design with its buttons and and no sdcard..
Anyway I will probably keep the s4 (hopeful root) till something good comes out (was hoping xperia z1 would come to att) and then give the phone to my mom....
Everybody should call Samsung 1800# tomorrow around same time and complain to unlock BL (or AT&T which ever it is)

Surge and a few other Devs are working their brains out past few weeks (hopefully picking up traction) and get unlock)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500826
Maybe somebody can help them
thanks to everyone who helps the community
The Following User Says Thank You to Brooklynsour For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheEgonSpengler
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Traded my s4 for a HTC one. Don't regret my choice at all.

Down with locked bootloaders!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk