5,596,784 Members 48,452 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does your phone get hot with full screen brightness?

Tip us?

Nexii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Default [Q] Does your phone get hot with full screen brightness?

I've recently noticed that my phone gets hot when I jack up the brightness. I'm used to running full brightness on my S4 and it never got hot. Is this a One thing or just mine?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ktan188
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
I've recently noticed that my phone gets hot when I jack up the brightness. I'm used to running full brightness on my S4 and it never got hot. Is this a One thing or just mine?

It depends on what you do on the phone. Maximum brightness always heats up the phone. It's more noticeable on the One because the metal body of the one conducts heat more than the s4 plastic

flyboysek
Old
Thanks Meter 2
htc one is known for its heating, maybe it is the metal cover, maybe some FW issue, dont know
but i have the same experience when aroma installer is on full brightness but cannot imagine to use full brightness for everyday use...must drain your battery
The Following User Says Thank You to flyboysek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nexii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboysek View Post
htc one is known for its heating, maybe it is the metal cover, maybe some FW issue, dont know
but i have the same experience when aroma installer is on full brightness but cannot imagine to use full brightness for everyday use...must drain your battery
When its on auto it go full brightness and doesn't heat up. Only when forced into full brightness.