XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Losing sound for no reason

Tip us?

ffd173
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Losing sound for no reason

Hi all. I am losing sound for no apparent reason on my sgs4.

After a boot, the sound works fine. After a little while of just being on, the sound goes really low and I can't raise it. The only thing that makes it come back is a reboot. Which seems to work every time.

It has been doing this for a little over a week now. I haven't put any new apps on. I did try and use headphones for the first time a little before this started. Also, when I try and change something in the sound equalizer (while the sound goes low on me) it does say that it can't change the setting while in line-out. Now, I'm not in line-out. I have no ear phones connected. I think one has something to do with the other.

Any ideas?? This is a big pain in the but!!

I'm on stock rooted mj7.

Thanks!!

richii0207
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Which root apps/zips did you install since you have been rooted? Most of the issues people experience on stock or any rom is because of xposed. Don't get me wrong it is an innovative app, but generic things don't bode will with me.

If you have never installed any root apps, I would Odin to stock to eliminate any software issues. If the issues persists, then it's definitely a hardware issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Phone: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Unrooted / Stock