5,599,135 Members 34,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Q: Is there a way to fix "unglued" screen stain?

Tip us?

simec2404
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Q: Is there a way to fix "unglued" screen stain?

Hi, recently loud speaker on my n7100 died, then it worked again, then it died, then it worked again, then it died again and stop working completely. So I assumed that he might lose connection and I disassembled my phone. While I was doing that, I used thin plastic card to remove the frame around the screen and somehow I managed to push the card in between digitizer and glass of the screen Damage is not that big but its strange looking and Il lose some money when i will selling the phone. So my question is
Q: Is there a way to fix slightly unglued screen and how?
Please dont give me advices like buy new screen ect., I only want to now is it possible to fix this in any way, maybe heat it with dryer or something similiar...Im not in opportunity to post picture of it right now, I will do it in next few hours.
Sorry for my english.
Thanks in advance!
P.S. loudspeaker is working again

gub
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by simec2404 View Post
Hi, recently loud speaker on my n7100 died, then it worked again, then it died, then it worked again, then it died again and stop working completely. So I assumed that he might lose connection and I disassembled my phone. While I was doing that, I used thin plastic card to remove the frame around the screen and somehow I managed to push the card in between digitizer and glass of the screen Damage is not that big but its strange looking and Il lose some money when i will selling the phone. So my question is
Q: Is there a way to fix slightly unglued screen and how?
Please dont give me advices like buy new screen ect., I only want to now is it possible to fix this in any way, maybe heat it with dryer or something similiar...Im not in opportunity to post picture of it right now, I will do it in next few hours.
Sorry for my english.
Thanks in advance!
P.S. loudspeaker is working again
Remove the glass with a heat gun, clean up and put stick it back with LOCA glue. A tricky operation that may do more harm than good. There are plenty of tutorial on how to do this as is is an cheap way to fix cracked screens ( ex : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ_te_pTXJI ).
Maybe just heating it is enough, you may try it, just don't overdo it as too much heat (> 90C) may damage your screen. An IR thermometer is recommended.