Trouble un-Bricking my MJ7

Tip us?

gaines
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy Trouble un-Bricking my MJ7

I've made some of mistakes and now I need your help determining if I'm screwed or if there's a solution.

1st Mistake: I let my new VZ GS4 update to MJ7.

2nd Mistake: I thought I found a guide to get a rooted MJ7 so I tried using Odin to flash VRUDMI1...which errored.

Well that didn't work. Time to reboot...except now it wont boot. Now it displays:
Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recover mode in Kies & try again.

At least it's suggesting a solution, right? So I download Kies 3. It connects. I follow a guide which tells me how to re-initialize the firmware.
1. I enter the model "SCH-I545"
2. I enter the IMEI
3. The firmware downloads
4. Nothing. It eventually gives an error that it can't connect.

I've tried that on multiple computers with various cables with the same results.

So do I go back to Staples where I got it on Black Friday and tell them that my phone stopped working?
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
ROM: Stock MJ7 waiting for root
Hyperion 7000mAh battery

hexitnow
Old
Thanks Meter 307

DONATE TO ME
First off youre in wrong forum. Questions go in the questions section. You need to download the stock mj7 image and flash it in odin.

Hit thanks if I helped you out. Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way. Sent via tapatalk.
and-roms.com
Nvidia Shield Root and More
A little bit of reading goes a long way.
The Following User Says Thank You to hexitnow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tshelby73
Old
Thanks Meter 99
I did the same thing was up all night finally found out about Kies but it worked for me. Once you update to mj7 you can't go back. my problem with odin was I was trying to go back to me7 so I have mj7 odin image to try if it happens again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tshelby73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gaines
Old
(Last edited by gaines; 4th December 2013 at 08:23 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Sorry about posting in the wrong area. I knew better, but was completely exhausted when I made the thread and didn't think about it.

If anyone else makes the same mistake I did, I'm back up and running after downloading SCH-I545_VZW_1_20131023084910_v4vth34m5z_fac.zip and flashing with Odin.
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
ROM: Stock MJ7 waiting for root
Hyperion 7000mAh battery