XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] galaxy s4 help with installer mode

Tip us?

cadogan341
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] galaxy s4 help with installer mode

I have a new car stereo that has an option to use an usb plug.I just plugged it in and it keeps popping up the 'Usb connection installer' mode.I tried clicking on the 2 options and also going into the developer mode and doing the 'usb developer mode and still pops up and beeps.Is there any way to turn that off so it wont go off when connected to my stereo?My phone is rooted and has 4.3 installed.thanks

dtronx
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadogan341 View Post
I have a new car stereo that has an option to use an usb plug.I just plugged it in and it keeps popping up the 'Usb connection installer' mode.I tried clicking on the 2 options and also going into the developer mode and doing the 'usb developer mode and still pops up and beeps.Is there any way to turn that off so it wont go off when connected to my stereo?My phone is rooted and has 4.3 installed.thanks
Have the same problem here too when I connect my S4 to my computer I always get the installer option. If I find something will let you know.

Zelmo88
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Try this thread in the S3 forum. I was able to reset the the options to MTP and it would work for a while, and then revert back to "installer". I'll keep playing with it and see if I can get a more permanent solution. I'm on MJ7 rooted, not sure if that makes a difference. If you're on another build, it may work for you.
Changing USB settings
"We are all here, because we are not all there"
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (p3113) w/ Slim ROM 4.2
Retired but not forgotten: HTC Incredible 2

cadogan341
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Seems like it could work but cant enter this code to go into the menu from the dialer: *#22745927.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelmo88 View Post
Try this thread in the S3 forum. I was able to reset the the options to MTP and it would work for a while, and then revert back to "installer". I'll keep playing with it and see if I can get a more permanent solution. I'm on MJ7 rooted, not sure if that makes a difference. If you're on another build, it may work for you.
Changing USB settings

Zelmo88
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadogan341 View Post
Seems like it could work but cant enter this code to go into the menu from the dialer: *#22745927.
Have you tried just entering *#7284#
"We are all here, because we are not all there"
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (p3113) w/ Slim ROM 4.2
Retired but not forgotten: HTC Incredible 2

cadogan341
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yes and still cant get into the menu...unless im doing it wrong.