XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unrecognizable apps and status messages

Tip us?

ajamils
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Default Unrecognizable apps and status messages

I recently got a Tmobile Note 3 that I unlocked via unlock code and since first boot, I've noticed few things that I don't understand or seen on any other phone.

1) There are a number of apps that are there that I don't believe come with stock phone and I would like to know if its OK to remove/disable them. Also would like to know what they do? [LIST=1][*]VoLTE Configuration Menu[*]SSConfig[/LIST
2) Secondly, everytime I boot or restart the phone, phone shows all the different commands that it is running. I'm sure there is setting somewhere to disable that but I don't see it in Dev Tools.

Thanks

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
I recently got a Tmobile Note 3 that I unlocked via unlock code and since first boot, I've noticed few things that I don't understand or seen on any other phone.

1) There are a number of apps that are there that I don't believe come with stock phone and I would like to know if its OK to remove/disable them. Also would like to know what they do? [LIST=1][*]VoLTE Configuration Menu[*]SSConfig[/LIST
2) Secondly, everytime I boot or restart the phone, phone shows all the different commands that it is running. I'm sure there is setting somewhere to disable that but I don't see it in Dev Tools.

Thanks
VoLTE = http://www.radio-electronics.com/inf...-lte-volte.php

SS config I have no clue, assume it's to do with building configs/development etc

The different commands that the phone is running at boot up must be due to the unlock (bootloader?) - a reflash of stock firmware may fix this
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Paranoid // UBER //

Killberty
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Photo of the running boot commamds please

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty View Post
Photo of the running boot commamds please

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
You want that now don't ya? - the boot up cmds runing

Killberty
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
You want that now don't ya? - the boot up cmds runing
Just wanted to know if it looks like, back on my glory iOS days, what my ipod did after i freed him

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0

ajamils
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
It's difficult to take the picture of the commands that are running as they only show up for a brief second or so but I will give it a try later today.

Apart from above mentioned apps, there is another app called "Samsung Keystring". Is it OK to delete/disable these apps?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It's difficult to take the picture of the commands that are running as they only show up for a brief second or so but I will give it a try later today.

Apart from above mentioned apps, there is another app called "Samsung Keystring". Is it OK to delete/disable these apps?
I think the keystring is for service modes, like connecting to networks etc, can't really see to much about it though. I wouldn't delete it just incase

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7019957/Samsung-Codes

Killberty
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Quote:

Make a vid

Cut out a frame

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0