5,594,386 Members 36,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A Just-Useful-Info + drawer launcher?

Tip us?

/=\lex
Old
(Last edited by /=\lex; 4th December 2013 at 09:37 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Default A Just-Useful-Info + drawer launcher?

I'm really looking for an alternative launcher, not the default one. There are tons of launchers on Play Store all similar to each other, all similar to stock plus something new, and not even innovative most of the times.

I want something different. I tried Grenade Launcher, but I didn't like the unpaged drawer nor the look. After that came MiniHome. It had an eternal app reflow even if it was app only. Launcher7 wasn't that bad. SickSky also survived for more than 5 seconds as default launcher. smart launcher isn't my kind of launcher, I want to see ALL my apps.

So, this far the best one was Listener Launcher. Why? It is app drawer + infos. I mean, on my home screen there are just the infos I need to know, like unread messages, weather, most close events, missed calls, facebook notifications, Twitter and so on. The fact to face is : Listener is pretty ugly, mostly for the fact that there is a page for every "notification provider" (aka messages, calls...). Plus, these aren't working that good.

So, is there any launcher similar to Listener, providing me the notifications I need on main screen and a nice Drawer?

Thanks for your time and your replies.

Edit : I saw you moved this. I apologize for posting in the wrong section , tapatalk drove me mad

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 utilizzando Tapatalk
When life gives you lemons

polobunny
Old
Thanks Meter 2118
Quote:
Originally Posted by /=\lex View Post
I'm really looking for an alternative launcher, not the default one. There are tons of launchers on Play Store all similar to each other, all similar to stock plus something new, and not even innovative most of the times.

I want something different. I tried Grenade Launcher, but I didn't like the unpaged drawer nor the look. After that came MiniHome. It had an eternal app reflow even if it was app only. Launcher7 wasn't that bad. SickSky also survived for more than 5 seconds as default launcher. smart launcher isn't my kind of launcher, I want to see ALL my apps.

So, this far the best one was Listener Launcher. Why? It is app drawer + infos. I mean, on my home screen there are just the infos I need to know, like unread messages, weather, most close events, missed calls, facebook notifications, Twitter and so on. The fact to face is : Listener is pretty ugly, mostly for the fact that there is a page for every "notification provider" (aka messages, calls...). Plus, these aren't working that good.

So, is there any launcher similar to Listener, providing me the notifications I need on main screen and a nice Drawer?

Thanks for your time and your replies

Why not use a widget such as UCCW, Zooper, DashClock or Minimalistic Text and then any launcher you feel like using?
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140413-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock
Baseband: I747MVLUEMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Interactive

Older device: Nexus S i9020A

/=\lex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Well, mostly because using a widget would mean to give him dimensions. I tried to do it with UCCW, but the space for messages notification is always the same, even if I have 0 or 100 unread ones. I'm looking for something more dinamic. Also because I don't want widgets. I have a not-so-new phone, and my 512mb ram with last CM makes my launcher refresh everytime I leave it. Having to refresh launcher, widgets and app list is pretty slow, cutting the widget loading makes me happy. Also, widget means I have something more than the drawer running. It is pretty much matter of optimization. Third but not last, I can't get something I like with UCCW or all those apps. I can't, doesn't matter how hard I try.

When life gives you lemons