5,598,980 Members 31,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Max Charging current in on the Wireless charging pins and set MAX wireless charg amp

Tip us?

unubtanium
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Question Max Charging current in on the Wireless charging pins and set MAX wireless charg amp

Hi All

I am trying to find out what is the MAX charging current the note 2 can take in on the connectors for the wireless charging.

I did the palm touch stone wireless charging mod and it worked great but I only managed to get it to charge with about 0.466 amps.

I have seen there is other wireless charging solutions (QI) out there and they say charging current up till about 1 amp on some of them.

So to test out how much amps I could pump into the note 2 I though i just connect the plus and minus to the two connectors from a 2 amp charger on the the wireless connector pins and use GCC to see what it could take.

To my surprise it only shows the same as when I used the wireless charging stuff from the palm and that was 0.466 amps?????

So i was thinking maybe its the software that limits it! Well flashed the phone with new fresh Kitkat and tested the same setup and STILL the same charging current of 0.466 amps!!

So I want back to my daily drive and installed CPU adjuster to see if i could set the wireless charging rate there but there is only shows usb and the other normal stuff, nothing about wireless charging amps.

So my question is: IS 0.466 amps MAX we can charge on this pins?
And is there a setting to sett the wireless charging rate anywhere?
Wannabe idiot, but too smart to make it happen!
M: SII I9100P - T: Nexus 7 (deb)
New around here? Watch this first please

nounnouu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by unubtanium View Post
Hi All

I am trying to find out what is the MAX charging current the note 2 can take in on the connectors for the wireless charging.

I did the palm touch stone wireless charging mod and it worked great but I only managed to get it to charge with about 0.466 amps.

I have seen there is other wireless charging solutions (QI) out there and they say charging current up till about 1 amp on some of them.

So to test out how much amps I could pump into the note 2 I though i just connect the plus and minus to the two connectors from a 2 amp charger on the the wireless connector pins and use GCC to see what it could take.

To my surprise it only shows the same as when I used the wireless charging stuff from the palm and that was 0.466 amps?????

So i was thinking maybe its the software that limits it! Well flashed the phone with new fresh Kitkat and tested the same setup and STILL the same charging current of 0.466 amps!!

So I want back to my daily drive and installed CPU adjuster to see if i could set the wireless charging rate there but there is only shows usb and the other normal stuff, nothing about wireless charging amps.

So my question is: IS 0.466 amps MAX we can charge on this pins?
And is there a setting to sett the wireless charging rate anywhere?
i think so

unubtanium
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by nounnouu View Post
i think so
HUmm,, lets hope its not..hehehe..

Hoppe Anyone with the Qi setup could let me know how much carging current they get..

Kuchar09
Old
Thanks Meter 136
I'm getting either .54 or .623 amps not sure since it seems like the max should be higher that the current charging rate in my pic.

I'm using devils kernel n messed with the charging rates and disabled the 100mA safety margin.

I'm also using a QI charger n receiver that is capable of 1 amp. Wish I could actually get 1 amp tho.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386041303471.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	2429516   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386041316129.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	2429517  

Kuchar09
Old
(Last edited by Kuchar09; 3rd December 2013 at 04:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 136
Delete... Double post

unubtanium
Old
(Last edited by unubtanium; 3rd December 2013 at 09:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuchar09 View Post
I'm getting either .54 or .623 amps not sure since it seems like the max should be higher that the current charging rate in my pic.

I'm using devils kernel n messed with the charging rates and disabled the 100mA safety margin.

I'm also using a QI charger n receiver that is capable of 1 amp. Wish I could actually get 1 amp tho.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Thanks for giving me the info I have been looking for.

Will have to install that kernel and have a go my self.

Archeob
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by unubtanium View Post
Thanks for giving me the info I have been looking for.

Will have to install that kernel and have a go my self.
I'm in the same boat as you. I just changed my wireless receiver for a 1000 mA model, I have both a Nokia and generic chinese charging pads, and I also installed the Devil 2 kernel and modified the charging values and STILL I cannot get past 460 mA.

Any other ideas?

unubtanium
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeob View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I just changed my wireless receiver for a 1000 mA model, I have both a Nokia and generic chinese charging pads, and I also installed the Devil 2 kernel and modified the charging values and STILL I cannot get past 460 mA.

Any other ideas?
Nop, not yet.

But I did try that kernel too and did set the same settings as Kuchar09 showes in the pics but still stuck on max 466mA

But have not given up yet, but at least now we have a thread to collect info so we can at least get the same mA level as Kuchar09 did get.