5,594,221 Members 45,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Updating to 4.3 - signature verification failed?

Tip us?

Raddish8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Updating to 4.3 - signature verification failed?

I'm on 4.2.2 at the moment. The phone is rooted. CWM v6.0.4.4

Every now and then the phone reminds me to install the update. When I attempt, I just get:

E: Invalid command argument
Finding...
Opening...
Verifying...
E: Failed to verify whole-file signature
E: Signature verification failed

Even if I press 'Yes - install untrusted zip', I just get a few messages that I can't read, and then "Installation aborted" and phone restarts.

I did some googling and the only thing I found was something about it being unable due to the phone being rooted. And to manually update with signature verification off, but then it didn't really explain how to go about that.

Could anyone help me out here? If possible I'd like to get it to work without having to change too much.

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddish8 View Post
I'm on 4.2.2 at the moment. The phone is rooted. CWM v6.0.4.4

Every now and then the phone reminds me to install the update. When I attempt, I just get:

E: Invalid command argument
Finding...
Opening...
Verifying...
E: Failed to verify whole-file signature
E: Signature verification failed

Even if I press 'Yes - install untrusted zip', I just get a few messages that I can't read, and then "Installation aborted" and phone restarts.

I did some googling and the only thing I found was something about it being unable due to the phone being rooted. And to manually update with signature verification off, but then it didn't really explain how to go about that.

Could anyone help me out here? If possible I'd like to get it to work without having to change too much.
You have to be on stock to accept any OTA's, it's the reason its failing. What I recommend that you do is download the official MJA Tar and use Odin, you can try this link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47359331

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget,8SMS(Stock Messaging,KitKat)