XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft brick after OTA

Tip us?

fabiooli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Soft brick after OTA

Hi! I am trying to recover via Kies, did the procedures dozen times but Always freezes and get error message. I am trying to get the original rom and install it via Odin but I canīt find it, the one I did was in hotfiles but itīs out by USA federal law. Question: can I use a T-mibile rom instead? I am using Tmobile anyway.
Thanks

ebaul
Old
(Last edited by ebaul; 4th December 2013 at 03:09 PM.) Reason: Correction
Thanks Meter 27
As far as I know, there is no full Odin firmware package for the MJ5 as of yet, and we may not have one for a LONG time. We, proud owners of At&t Samsung Galaxy Note 3 who committed the ultimate SIN of attempting to downgrade to obtain root again with DeLaVega, are screwed for a while.

Sorry to hear you just joined our club..!

Correction: If you are still on MI9, you can, if you upgraded to MJ5...then NO
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fabiooli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaul View Post
As far as I know, there is no full Odin firmware package for the MJ5 as of yet, and we may not have one for a LONG time. We, proud owners of At&t Samsung Galaxy Note 3 who committed the ultimate SIN of attempting to downgrade to obtain root again with DeLaVega, are screwed for a while.

Sorry to hear you just joined our club..!

Correction: If you are still on MI9, you can, if you upgraded to MJ5...then NO
I was updating it to MJ5...

fabiooli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Do you know if I can use odin to flash a n9005 rom?

ebaul
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiooli View Post
I was updating it to MJ5...
Yeah, it sounds like you have been forced to join us, the bricked note 3 group. Sorry man!

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiooli View Post
Do you know if I can use odin to flash a n9005 rom?
No. You shouldn't flash anything at this point, it may only worsen your situation. Best bet is to sit tight until someone finds the actual MJ5 Odin full firmware to restore your device. I haven't found any information on it yet, seems no one has.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]