5,604,050 Members 48,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] US 4.4 OTA Update (from file) on a Canadian Unlocked One?

Tip us?

BoredomFighter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] US 4.4 OTA Update (from file) on a Canadian Unlocked One?

So this might be stupid question of the month...but I have a Bell HTC One that is network unlocked but other than that completely stock. It is running Android 4.3 (3.23.666.1) and Sense 5.0 with a locked stock bootloader. I've tried using a US VPN but I've never been pushed the update OTA when I check.

Would the US OTA update be compatible with my One? I know it's listed as WWE and I assume it's only released in the US for legal rather than technique reasons. Could I download the file and flash it in my stock recovery and be safe?

Thanks,
Paul (Newbie of the Month!)

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredomFighter View Post
So this might be stupid question of the month...but I have a Bell HTC One that is network unlocked but other than that completely stock. It is running Android 4.3 (3.23.666.1) and Sense 5.0 with a locked stock bootloader. I've tried using a US VPN but I've never been pushed the update OTA when I check.

Would the US OTA update be compatible with my One? I know it's listed as WWE and I assume it's only released in the US for legal rather than technique reasons. Could I download the file and flash it in my stock recovery and be safe?

Thanks,
Paul (Newbie of the Month!)
no, this is not the same software # and not intended for your phone CID.
If I helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want me to reply, QUOTE me or mention me using @alray, otherwise don't expect any reply

Useful links for HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Return to stock for Canadian HTC One Users by SaHiLzZ (BELL, TELUS, ROGERS)
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 297
You need to Soff and either install Ruu for dev edition (sense) or GPE (nexus style). You will need to change CID only, but no need to change MID.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Also. Do NOT try to install US OTA file..